Thread: Moving

Default Moving

I am moving after 18 years. I bought a house where I can have a little more freedom.

A nice 4/2 on the water. So, I can dock a bass boat and park an airboat. Something you could not do in Coral Springs.

So, the deal looks locked up and my brother-in-law is talking to his in-laws about the house. We are all a great big family unit and camp and spend time together. He describes the area the house is in. They ask some more questions. And sure as hell the house I bought is the house that my sister-in-law took her first steps in.

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Wow cool. Full circle huh? Have any pictures yet or link us to the MLS listing.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Congratulations.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Congrats. Although I don't envy the moving part. It's amazing how much "stuff" you can accumulate in a very short time.

Congrats......sounds like great place.
    We may move where we stay mostly....but not sure what to do with all the stuff.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Yeah Rick, I know.

The house next door was where my brother-in-laws father-in-law lived with his mom. He mowed lawns to make extra money. He mowed the lawn of the guy who owned the house. That guy was in the army and so rarely home. They agreed to rent the place and did for 3 years. Until the guy got out of the Army. So, my sister-in-law was a baby when she lived there and took her first steps there.

The house is kind of typical Margate except being on a canal that has open access to the main canal.

This is the description from one of the sites:

A fantastic large 4/2 with2 car garage with circular driveway. A recently updated kitchen with granite counter tops. Tiled, Italian porcelain and wood laminate flooring throughout, knock down ceilings with high hats. Open spacious and split floor plan. Great for entertaining. An oversized screen in patio with open pool area plus a private fenced in yard. An added bonus of your own private dock on the canal leading to the C14 canal. This great neighborhood with restaurants and shopping is close and central to transportation including the Florida Turnpike and 95

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Nice looking place. Hope you get a lot of good memories from it.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.