Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm Leaving Soon

Default I'm Leaving Soon

One of the things on the bucket list for me and my wife was a cruise through the Panama Canal. Obviously, that can't happen. However, my son works for a time share vacation company and they are hosting a Celebrity cruise at the end of April from Miami through the Panama Canal ending in San Diego. He and two other employees will be hosts for the cruise and he's asked me to go with him. He and I will share a balcony suite and we are making shore excursions in Cartegena Colombia, Colon Panama, Puntarenas Costa Rica, Puerto Quetzal Guetamala and two stops in Mexico, Puerto Vallarta and Cabo San Lucas. We leave on my wife's birthday. I'm not sure how but I think she pulled some strings to set this whole thing up. I would never have gone by myself but it will be a hoot with my son and I'm really looking forward to it. We will be doing everything from zip lines to Mayan ruins, to snorkeling, to river floats, city tours and canopy tours. The zip line is the longest in Central America and they have something called the Tarzon Mega Swing. Mind you, I did not know what all this meant when I signed up. However, here's the swing.

I'm really looking forward to the trip, especially the snorkeling and the Mayan ruins. The Tarzan Mega Swing, maybe not so much.

We leave April 24 and return May 11. If I survive.

Sounds like a wonderful trip.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Jesus Christ! I hope you invest in some Depends before you go on that swing! Hope you have a great trip, Rick.
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Neat. You need to practice your Tarzan vocalizations - like Johnny Weissmuller.

That sounds like a heck of a trip.....and will be good to put everything else on the back burner for a while.....
    Congrats, there Buddy.....have a great time.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I hope you have a great time! Watch out for the norovirus though. Obviously you can't "watch out" for it since it's invisible but take care to avoid it. Watch the food and drink, etc.

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Oh Rick! I am so happy and especially happy that you and your son are going together. It looks so exciting. And I can't wait to hear about that zipline. I LOVE ziplines but am kind of limited to the ones up here I've already done. Take a lot of pictures!
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Have a nice trip Rick and don't forget to make a whóóóóóóle lot of pictures....

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    I hope you have a great time! Watch out for the norovirus though. Obviously you can't "watch out" for it since it's invisible but take care to avoid it. Watch the food and drink, etc.
    You realize of course that you have now prompted him to start a new list don't you?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I'm not sure but I think the vocalizations will come naturally. I just hope there isn't some guy on the ground with a big X moving it around to where he thinks I'll hit while guys on the side are taking bets.

I've already started my vaccinations. Typhoid, Hep A, Hep B and Yellow Fever. I had to update my tetanus booster too. I really do hate the tetanus shot. That thing really makes for a sore arm. I have a follow up for the Hep B in two weeks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    You realize of course that you have now prompted him to start a new list don't you?
    He probably already has one.

Sounds like just what the doctor ordered...the trip, not Norovirus.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Senior Member Pennsylvania Mike's Avatar

That sounds like a great trip, have a great time Rick.

WOW what a great trip! My mom went on a similar cruise (but she was 82 at the time). She RAVED ABOUT IT. She went with 2 older friends and they all loved it. But they did not do many shore excursions.

So glad you can do it with your son. And it is not surprising to me that your wife had a hand in this.
    But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. Joshua 24:15

what a great time!! You'll have a blast and come back with batteries completely recharged

Oh, Rick, Don't forget your Hong!!!

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Oh boy!

Camans
    Jaguars
    Flur de lance
    Tarantulas the size of dinner plates
    Vampire bats
    Killer bees
    Army ants

Plus there is no water fit to drink. Once you go south of the border you might as well be in Michigan!

Then there is the cruise ship virus
    The cruise ship dead in the water
    The cruise ship on fire
    The cruise ship captured by Caribbean pirates
    and the cruse ship zombies (a condition brought on my running out of shrimp on the buffet)
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 03-25-2016 at 03:10 PM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Don't forget the odd cruise ship that runs in to rocks, starts sinking and the captain is the first one off......

Just kidding......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Good stuff, guys. I'm writing all this down. There's a page on their web site that says if you have any questions just ask. I'm hopeful the cabin will be equipped with an M1A. Is there one Z or two in ZZombie?

Oh Rick,

Take your backpack so when the ship wrecks you can survive on a remote uninhabited island!!

That's great! Take lots of pictures to show us and don't get stuck in the Colon.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.