Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Paracord Belt pouch

Personally prefer the look of the leather pouch.
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

Quote Originally Posted by Antonyraison View Post
    Personally prefer the look of the leather pouch.
    So do I......
    Will still be my go to...

It easy to get sucked into the "one more thing" slippery slope.....
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

the downside to a paracord pouch is you will have to find a new place for the contents if you are forced to unravel it and use it. Perhaps if you have the ability to do so make what this guy did https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvwyTChbmmc&t=6s a backpack out of 1000 feet of paracord. then purchase one of these folding type backpacks to keep in the paracord pack. That way if you are forced to take apart the backpack you have a back up pack inside of it or just wrap as much paracord as you can on to the handle/straps and such of your bug out bag and stick to the sexy durable leather pouch

Quote Originally Posted by Kildar View Post
    the downside to a paracord pouch is you will have to find a new place for the contents if you are forced to unravel it and use it. Perhaps if you have the ability to do so make what this guy did https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvwyTChbmmc&t=6s a backpack out of 1000 feet of paracord. then purchase one of these folding type backpacks to keep in the paracord pack. That way if you are forced to take apart the backpack you have a back up pack inside of it or just wrap as much paracord as you can on to the handle/straps and such of your bug out bag and stick to the sexy durable leather pouch
    That's true.....Good observation.....and is also true with whatever you carry your gear in...but has another use.....
    Bottle, tin, or a cooking pot....Whatever..

I am not big on making paracord stuff.....a paracord pack to me just sounds silly ...as well as being heavy for its size.
    Projects like that are for people that make Youtubes....but never actually use it....or take it apart.
    What des one need 1000 ft or paracord for anyway?

Made a couple rifle slings, a belt, as well as a few bracelets.....most likely they will never be taken apart....I have no interest i making more.

This pouch as posted ....was $5 bucks ...with the buckle ferro rod/striker compass(cheap)....and and will serve a purpose.

BTW leather pouch is for a SAK.
    Last edited by hunter63; 06-04-2017 at 04:53 PM.

heh well if you are in a longer term bug out you want as much as you can get and will also want to practice making natural cordage as it will eventually run out but ya i would rather just make one of those quick deploy paracord donuts to stick in the pack and perhaps wrap some cord on the handle/straps i basically just add it to things where i can and where using it wont leaving me with a new problem. also leather looks better and tends to go with more belts currently my leatherman is in the nylon pouch it came with .

so far i have just done braclets, key fobs, zipper pulls, put a wrap around the handle of my EDC backpack for some extra grip, as for a rifle sling i still bought a full sling and just did a cobra weave over it so if i still have a sling if i need to take the paracord off. also if you wear a boonie hat you can weave some cord around it through the molly webbing. such a versatile cordage its like the duct tape of cordage. that is another thing always carry duct tape i keep a mini bic wraped in it as well as my EDC water bottle is wrapped in duct tape. and im poor so my wallet is made out of duct tape lol.

I haven't really use paracord much.....pretty much up poles for a shelter,
    There is a "hank" of paracord in the pack....
    Actually have just used my old nylon strapping for lifting and lowering guns and bows into trees stands

Also use that strap for a deer drag.....and a make-shift sling....when needed.

Example in my older hunting belt JIC pouch....(before BOB's were invented.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

ya for anything short you wont need much cordage because you wont have to move around much and if things go back to normal in a week or less you dont gotta worry. i would like to have at least 200-300 feet of paracord for anything extended even though i have learned how to make natural cordage paracord is stronger and does not bio-degrade quickly hehe. also paracord is more then the default cord you see the 7 inner strands give you near endless possibilities such as sewing thread, fishing line, snares, list goes on. the stuff is possibly one of the top 10 things to have in a bug out situation and since you can wear it and wrap it on just about anything with out adding much weight its easy to carry. but not great for dedicated pouches since you lose the pouch when you have to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kildar View Post
    ya for anything short you wont need much cordage because you wont have to move around much and if things go back to normal in a week or less you dont gotta worry. i would like to have at least 200-300 feet of paracord for anything extended even though i have learned how to make natural cordage paracord is stronger and does not bio-degrade quickly hehe. also paracord is more then the default cord you see the 7 inner strands give you near endless possibilities such as sewing thread, fishing line, snares, list goes on. the stuff is possibly one of the top 10 things to have in a bug out situation and since you can wear it and wrap it on just about anything with out adding much weight its easy to carry. but not great for dedicated pouches since you lose the pouch when you have to use it.
    True dat.
    Actually I a big fan of artificial sinew.....for a whole lot of stuff.....sewing, wrapping, repairing.....and can be split into many strands if needed.

Just about unbreakable for its size.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...3A+sinew&ajr=0

Just a personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    True dat.
    Actually I a big fan of artificial sinew.....for a whole lot of stuff.....sewing, wrapping, repairing.....and can be split into many strands if needed.

Just about unbreakable for its size.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...3A+sinew&ajr=0

Just a personal preference.
    ya some useful stuff lot of survivalists will also recommend bank line for a kit though that is a little more niche for usage since it is coated in a tar like substance. I need to learn how to make the real sinew from animals when ever i hunted i just let a professional butcher process it for me and let him take his pay out of the meat. there are is also the small thin Kevlar cord that seems interesting havnt checked it out yet though. kevlar micro spool i like the paracord mostly because of all the options it has even the gutted sheath is still useful for light lashings. dont forget duct tape though as you can twist it into rope too and make a hammock mythbusters style lol. as for belt pouches nylon or leather seems to be the way to go or kydex for some things.

Duck tape is a go to.....Don't carry in in a pack.
    But do have it in the trucks.

My pockets, kits, pouches, packs, and vehicles have stuff that was needed at one time or another.
    Last edited by hunter63; 06-05-2017 at 06:48 PM.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I keep 550 cord on 1000 ft rolls but I have switched over to mule tape and bank line for most uses.

I think it is an evolutionary process that comes with not going on extended tours in the woods or needing multipurpose gear as much as I used too.

550 cord is good for a multitude of uses, if you can carry only one cord. If you are in the truck or around the house you can keep the mule tape, bank line and guerrilla tape close at hand.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Kildar --- it's called tarred bank line, but it is not covered in goo. More like a waxed string.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Kildar --- it's called tarred bank line, but it is not covered in goo. More like a waxed string.
    Maybe that wasn't mentioned on You Tube?

My favorite is Paracord, just in the strength and the inner strands
    I find it the most useful..
    Making cordage is also cool, but takes Time...and when I need the cordage its often like RIGHT now to quickly up up a shelter or a trap, dont always have the luxury of a few hours, and expediniture of energy to make it.
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    i know it will do weird things though for some uses, but has many uses. with some finesse you can cut plastic water/soda bottles into cordage that will work somewhat like heat shrink tubing after you tie something off use a little heat to melt it down tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Antonyraison View Post
    My favorite is Paracord, just in the strength and the inner strands
    I find it the most useful..
    Making cordage is also cool, but takes Time...and when I need the cordage its often like RIGHT now to quickly up up a shelter or a trap, dont always have the luxury of a few hours, and expediniture of energy to make it.
    which is why i like to have as much cordage as i can on me with out it becoming a hindrance of course.
    Last edited by Kildar; 06-06-2017 at 05:27 PM.