Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tactical knives

There was a time when everything was "new and improved". Now that was something to strive for. If you had a knife or gun and there was suddenly a "new and improved" version available you only had to show the ad to your wife. Everyone understood that you HAD to have something that was new and improved. Today, you show an ad to your wife for a tacticool anything and she just rolls her eyes. Camo doesn't impress her unless it's a purse. Then she'll only look at it 30 seconds longer. No sir, these are not our father's marketers. Where are the backroom boys caressing a Monticristo or an Upmann between two fingers and sipping on a Courvoisier? What this country needs is something "new and improved"!

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Always some one watching.....LOL.....
    At least I didn't turn blue from ingesting silver...or so I've heard tell.
    Or diving in a port-o-let looking for somebody elses gold.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Always some one watching.....LOL.....
    At least I didn't turn blue from ingesting silver...or so I've heard tell.
    I ingest silver, but only when needed - not like Mr Smurf that took large doses everyday for several years ! I've used it with a netty pot to clear up sinus infiections !
    Lamewolf
    Manu Forti
    Roadkill, its whats for supper !
    www.angelfire.com/electronic2/qrp

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    When I own a knife I like to see the metal, even if it is tarnished old metal!
    With ya on that one ! I've bought a few knives with coated blades and the first thing I did was strip then down to bare steel. Even my ESEE Laserstrike is naked now and looks much better with a patina on it !
    Lamewolf
    Manu Forti

At what height/weight ratio do things strapped to ones' body stop being tactical and flip over to comical? - Iffin ya got more-n 3 tactickle items strapped on and jest goin out in da woods itz comical, no matteryer hite and wait !

Is there an age limit or can I camo paint my mobility scooter? Ya kin paint it camo anytime cuz dats kool !

and is there a rule that says when I take my AR to the range I have to either wear camo or a ball cap/golf shirt/jeans, preferably from the Gap? Iffin ya do, yer a yuppy !

Will the gun still shoot if I wear my bib overhauls? Itt'll shoot better !
    Lamewolf
    Manu Forti

I was thinking about this yesterday and figured I could:

1. Practice my load out looking tacticool
    2. Eat some more twinkies
    3. Clean up the garage.

I don't care how you go out as long as you go out looking tacticool.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Look at my avatar then look at me. Is that uncanny or what?

aaaaaaand there's a bed in the garage (beats the basement).......that's a good look for you.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

NOT ENOUGH KNIVES.....Don't mean to yell, but this is a Knife thread........Sheeesh.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Knives! Man! There is always more work to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamewolf View Post
    Everyone needs to quit buying "painted" knives, then maybe they'll quit putting "paint" on them ! Most of the times its not paint anyway but some sort of powder coat, or epoxy. Give me good old fashioned carbon steel blades with a patina on it - worked for hundreds of years !
    IMO the "tacticool" "painted" blades seem to be a favorite for mall ninjas and arm chair rambos. Most of them are cheap chinese or tiwan made that don't stand up to the abuse of everyday use. I agree with several of the others invest in a good carbon steel blade. They'll last decades or even a lifetime.
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

I read an article by a famous bush craft guy that most duties in bush craft, can be handled by a standard kitchen knife that is full tang and fairly good steel.
    It makes a lot of sense, and I am now waiting to see how long it takes somebody to offer tactical kitchen knives

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    I read an article by a famous bush craft guy that most duties in bush craft, can be handled by a standard kitchen knife that is full tang and fairly good steel.
    It makes a lot of sense, and I am now waiting to see how long it takes somebody to offer tactical kitchen knives
    You are waaaaaaaay behind the power curve.

http://www.tactical-life.com/tactica...itchen-knives/

http://www.arizonacustomknives.com/T...e-Rinaldi.aspx
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Okay I can say I have seen it all now!

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Are these needed to fight off Killer Tomatos?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Where are the backroom boys caressing a Monticristo or an Upmann between two fingers and sipping on a Courvoisier? What this country needs is something "new and improved"!
    You mentioned Monti Cristo.....now I am hungry. Beats a twinky any day.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

No, no, no. I've got to fetch you guys some class. Not a Monti Cristo. A Monticristo.....What this country needs is a good $65 cigar.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

I thought Montecristo was a count. Pretty sure I saw a movie and a remake along those lines!
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

I wonder which of the Tacticool Knife color patterns would be used by James or Rezin Bowie, Davy Crockett or Jim Bridger????

My bluefish sticker and all-around bait chunker is a big old-hickory kitchen butcher knife with a 10" blade. I figure if it's a kitchen knife, I'm not going to get busted for an overly long blade while out in public. Right? Maybe? I do keep it out of site in the knapsack. The thing rusts if not cared for right away, but it's a great knife.

On a different note, I recently mail ordered a paring knife sized ceramic knife. My first ceramic knife. Never gave it a thought that it was a glass shard on a handle and not only will it shatter if dropped on the stone counter top, before it did that, it gashed my thumb right good while using it as a paring knife. Glad it was on sale.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant