Thread: All Season pack?

Default All Season pack?

Is there an all season type pack? If I wanted to go live out of a pack for a year or two, what'd be the best idea? -° sleeping bag in winter then +° sleeping bag for summer? Maybe no bag in summer .. Ideas?

Soooo....
    Pack or sleeping bag?....You just brought up both.

A lot comes down to how much do you want to carry?....If you plan on carrying a pack and sleeping bag.

I have a lot of different bags for different things, from pocket EDC to a pickup and trailer.....but I don't have any one pack that I would say I could live out of for a year or two with out regular re-supply.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Questions like this, believe it or not, would be better answered by a homeless person. Those guys have next to nothing and sleep at the bus stop in 10* weather with no fire. I am pretty sure they know how to survive better than any of us do under the condition that you describe.

I think there is a great misunderstanding about the name of this forum. Yes, it is "Wilderness Survival" but that does no mean go to the wilderness to live. Think about it. If we were all doing that no one would be here on the forum! This forum is more geared to how to survive in the wilderness when visits go wrong such as getting lost or injured. That being said, I think there is a lot you can still learn here. Pull up a seat and ask questions while keeping an open mind and an open set of ears. There is probably a millennium's worth of experience here.
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Quote Originally Posted by itcanbdone View Post
    Is there an all season type pack? If I wanted to go live out of a pack for a year or two, what'd be the best idea? -° sleeping bag in winter then +° sleeping bag for summer? Maybe no bag in summer .. Ideas?
    If you have some sort of scenario in mind, this might help so that the answers you get will be more what you need. http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...rio-Check-List

As far as just figuring out what pack to get..... http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...out-A-New-Pack
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

And this one if you want to live out of a pack for a year or two. How do you plan to resupply yourself?

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...ve-in-the-Wild

Packs are classed by how big they are, how tough they are, the type of suspension system, their intended use, how waterproof they are, and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember right now. What you want to do is figure out all the stuff you need to put in it first. That will narrow down the options considerably.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

It's too bad you couldn't get "a Busy MOM of four kids" to design a pack.
    One medium sized magic bag that has "whatever you need in at all times"

From Kleenex to Glock 40 to aspirins to ham sandwich to spare socks, to spit hankie.......
    Just saying.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27