Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warning System Land Mines?

Default Warning System Land Mines?

Okay, so I just got paid, found this, and had to share this with you guys.

I'm thinking about getting a pack of these.

To me it makes perfect sense in both a real SHTF scenario and even a regular intrusion alarm. I kinda get the impression it might be even be fun to have for other reasons, too.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

According to what you have told us here you quit you job and moved to the woods, where you live in a shack with no electricity, no running water and use the computer at the local library.

Why would anyone want to "intrude" on you?

You have nothing worth taking!

The booby traps will be the most valuable thing you own.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Not really interested, could be trouble.
    My dogs would retrieve them.....
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

could probably make the same for pennies on the dollar from rat traps
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

Iz that for zombiez?

Cool idea and product if you have a need for it.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

According to what you have told us here you quit you job and moved to the woods, where you live in a shack with no electricity, no running water and use the computer at the local library.

Why would anyone want to "intrude" on you?

You have nothing worth taking!

The booby traps will be the most valuable thing you own.
    I wasn't aware guns and stockpiles of ammunition ran on electricity and sold for less than $80.

Also, I find your use of the word "shack" insulting. I built a log cabin based on a book I bought.
    Last edited by InfantryAmerican; 03-06-2016 at 09:59 PM.

love self built log cabins, it's a hobby of mine. Do you have any photos and if so will you post one? Don't feel bad, someone called mine a hut lol, didn't bother me a bit
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

Y'all are getting your leg pulled a bit......Just to be clear....
    Our cabin is on my avatar.....

That said....I still don't like booby traps with my animals around....to say nothing of the neighbors....
    Cool, but not for me.

I'm glad some people like it.

I mean, even if they aren't useful now, they could be if things got bad. Also, these things seem to be constructed pretty sturdy. They're apparently used in extreme sports like paintball as makeshift landmines, so it doesn't seem like anyone has been injured by one being used properly.

Just remember, lots of "moral" people will go at great lengths for food when it's scarce.
    Last edited by InfantryAmerican; 03-06-2016 at 10:17 PM.

It's your money. You don't need our approval to purchase whatever you want. When you post a product you are almost certain to receive yays and nays.

My network of neighbors, that are business partners and friends that are more important to me than booby traps.......
    Only two ways in and out.....they have my back.....don't need to paint ball Fido.

Let us know how they work...reviews are always welcome.....Like you say, Just in Case.....

rat trap, 1/4 inch tubing, ramset charges, fishing line, noise maker not booby trap. The problem with booby traps is they don't discriminate, I don't have use for either one.

I'll let you know when they get in.

Basically my thing is every pay check (so once every two weeks), I have a certain amount of money I spent on survival gear. Most of it I buy online (except water). So I see wild stuff like this. Personally I think it's pretty cool

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

"As far as how "out in the woods" I am, I'm far away but close to civilization at the same time. It's like a mile hike to the road, and a five minute drive to civilization (a local VFW is the closest building). Sometimes I go there for wings if I want to spoil myself. I do not have electricity or running water. I have propane tanks but I do most everything with a wood stove. I did most of the original construction with power tools (there are some I really like). I've gone to chopping wood with an axe, but I'm eyeing up this awesome handsaw on Ebay that looks like it'll make the job a lot easier."

No electricity, no running water, living in the wilderness an incredible 6 miles from civilization, joined the forum from the public library, but apparently there is an internet connection for these 2:53am forum posts!

Just wondering how you manage that?
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    No electricity, no running water, living in the wilderness an incredible 6 miles from civilization, joined the forum from the public library, but apparently there is an internet connection for these 2:53am forum posts!

Just wondering how you manage that?
    What is this, a trial? So far all of your posts in response to this thread (and several to others I've made) are pretty much just berating me or doubting my story. I don't know why you'd think someone would spend hours lying about living in a cabin in the woods online, but you can believe what you want. I will say it does reflect pretty poorly on the rest of the community when a new (active) poster joins (who is actually the real deal) and I'm bombarded with cynical posts like yours. Just for the record, when your community has many unwelcoming members, it probably explains why there aren't a lot of other active users here.

Not trying to be crass here, but I calls'em how I sees'em!

Anyway, to answer your question, I have a solar powered computer that I actually built. Maybe I'll make a thread on this if there's enough interest. It costed like less than $100 from parts that I ordered online.

I also have an old laptop with this thing. It's basically takes any laptop and grants it internet access via cell phone reception so it just uses cell phone signals for wireless internet. No sign up required. It's all prepaid.

Normally I wouldn't have a laptop mind you since my solar one takes care of most of my needs, but I got it after I joined this community so I could communicate with other people.

And once again, I'll tell you how the landmines work when I get them. As much as I like the idea of some kind of defensive procedure against intruders, I think they're probably going to be most helpful for animals that try to get into garbage cans I have outside of the cabin.
    Last edited by InfantryAmerican; 03-07-2016 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AI
    I don't know why you'd think someone would spend hours lying about living in a cabin in the woods online

You would be amazed and shocked at how many we get that do exactly that. All the while they are living in comfortable suburbia and some in their mom's basement.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    You would be amazed and shocked at how many we get that do exactly that. All the while they are living in comfortable suburbia and some in their mom's basement. [/COLOR]
    Weird world we live in I suppose.

Regardless, I have nothing to gain from lying. I have a lot of time and energy to dedicate to these forums whenever I don't have things to do. I'm actually going to do some day labor tomorrow since the weather is supposed to be so nice.

Austin,
    Thank you for the post. They are illegal in Oklahoma. Anything that can use a live round, even when it is NOT intended to, but with no modification is considered to be a "booby trap/destructive device" I used to have a couple for paintball until a local DA made the point of showing me the state code on it.

I like the idea of having perimeter security in certain situations but for the most part I have never found myself in a situation where I could not find a solution to the problem (like having someone "Set up/stand watch")

I wonder if something like this (and I have seen something else which uses a shotgun primer -- which now I'm wondering if some states would still consider a live round) could be set up to help deter four-legged intruders from a garden.