Thread: cheapo Savage combo gun is $500

Default cheapo Savage combo gun is $500

HP 22 Phoenix with 5" barrel is sub $200. Making a silencer for it and threading the barrel is a simple task, $100 at most, plus the $200 Fed tax to make it legal. You'll have far more fun with the silenced pistol, and be far more likely to have it with you when you see a critter to shoot, too. :-) If you go at it correctly, the OAL of gun and silencer can be held to 10", which means you can wear it IwB, behind your hip, in the xdraw cavalry position and conceal it just fine under a T shirt, if the shirt is of a decent size for you. While the draw and hit stroke, from this position/rig is not super fast, if you are flexible, its as "fast" as the typical cop's draw and hit from a security duty rig. And it's intended for taking small game, not combat. Shooting silenced guns is a "blast", pardon the pun and they are so easy to shoot well that they are ideal for training novices. After you've had the experience of having a rabbit (which you have missed) just sit there, to be hit with your second shot, you'll be hooked on the tremedous advantages offered by silencers, especially on .22's.
    Last edited by taint; 03-05-2016 at 04:18 PM.

I'm actually hooked on you not being around any more.

Yeah, I hear ya....too bad the poor guy can't afford a Cheap Savage Combo M 42 .......
    Was getting annoying.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I was always taught you should only need one bullet. Especially if it is a rabbit.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Thing is that a Phoenix .22 is a single shot!

No one can make if shoot more than one shot without assistance.

Plus not being able to see the sights on one if a silencer was attached to it would not make it the best of game guns.

We will be talking about the Taint for as long as we have dealt with the memory of Blade.

That Kevlar underwear thing topped anything I have ever encountered on any forum, or around any campfire, at any point in my life!

And I have heard a lot of stories from a lot of drunk "mountain men" around a lot of fires!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Well I was just about ready to ask if he had any ideas about an "Assault Wheelbarrow"........if anyone recalls.
    Anyway Kevlar underwear does rate right up there.

So....like do you need a "cup" ?...with it or just wince and "take it".......?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

This should inspire Rick to find a Kevlar hong, maybe taint can help him find it

I have a catcher's cup. That will have to do. Besides, I'm not looking to go to war and even if I do I can place seven eye shots in a second with my luminous silencer.