Thread: ever heard of "Nessmuk?"

Default ever heard of "Nessmuk?"

that's really cool....thanks for sharing the link. Always looking for free stuff I can put on my kobo.

I read his book about 1995 I think .... I wasn't too enamored with the double bit axe as I've always carried an axe with a poll on the back for pounding, cracking nuts, a flat batoning face etc. I did realize after pondering his knife and the advantages it had, I acquired a knife with a Nessmuk style blade that year. I have been using my Nessmuk knife for almost 22 years. It is the best blade I own for doing everything and anything I need to do. I cannot count how many animals I have gutted and skinned with that knife, nor the poundage of meat I have cut up with it. It also works well on cutting up fish. It is a high carbon steel blade and easily still takes a razors edge. I've never used the knife for batoning, that is what the axe has always been for ... cutting and splitting wood, building blinds and shelters, breaking thru a deers chest cavity or pelvis to remove the intestine, etc. My axe blade is longer and thinner -- kentucky style belt axe with ears for deeper cuts. This is the one knife I have total confidence in as it has never failed me in any task I have given it. I never considered my nessmuk knife to be a survival or bush craft knife. It has always been a hunters woodsmans knife. I consider it the best knife to have on my belt and I really wouldn't want any other. I feel this is a true testimony to an excellent knife for the hunter or woodsman.
    Ohio Rusty
    Last edited by Ohio Rusty; 05-03-2017 at 01:48 PM.

Thanks for posting the link to that. I'm pretty new to the forum, but I was just having a conversation with someone recently about Nessmuk

Hunter63 Saying Hey and Welcome....From Wisconsin
    There is an intro section if you care to stop by and introduce yourself.
    http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...-Introductions
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Thanks for posting, it turned up an interesting history of George Sears when I googled it.

Quote Originally Posted by redingtonroad View Post
    Thanks for posting, it turned up an interesting history of George Sears when I googled it.
    Not sure what your deal is, but this is the third account you started in a week. Goodbye.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Must get paid by the account.