Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cell Phone Towers ???

Default Cell Phone Towers ???

OK....Hopefully I'm not the only person who has thought this... LOL...So this may seem way left field..... BUT...Anyone notice how many of these things are going up in the last few years... And how they all sorta seem to have a different array of hardware of each of them?.... It seems here there going up every 3 to 5 miles...I think these things are more than meet the Eye... It seems there griding the entire US with a web...We stopped and ask a guy one day who was installing one.. He told us it had a enclosed Bunker under it...and would NOT. Confirm it was a cell tower... Parinoid ?....Maybe...but just think it's weird. I mean the Lobster NEVER knows it's being boiled.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Cell towers aren't always just cell towers. They also serve as radio transmitters for commercial radio or anyone else that wants to lease space. In addition, Each company (Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, U.S. Cellular and many independents) install their own towers. 1. Because there are differences in technology between companies. And 2. because the larger companies are proprietary. Each company is allowed 832 duplex radio frequencies. 395 are considered control frequencies and the rest are for voice. That means that only 56 uses can be on any single tower. That requires a lot of towers to follow you as you drive through town. Especially in the city.

Perhaps the site you were at was not a cell tower and perhaps the guy was pulling your chain and perhaps he thought you were a potential terrorist.

I have most people at work convinced we put cameras in their desk phones. Techs mess with paranoid people. It's what we do.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jdbushcraft View Post
    I have most people at work convinced we put cameras in their desk phones. Techs mess with paranoid people. It's what we do.

You mean that are no cameras in the phones.....?....Oh wait, the still had dial phone back when I "worked" in an office...LOL

Well, maybe not "dial Phone'......but I can still remember them teaching us how to work "Audex(?) voice mail....
    May first message was "Ho,ho,ho,.. he, he, he,....Ya got my extension, but ya didn't get me!"

Was told to change it.

I don't worry about cell towers, and even cell phones.....the world will stop when the batteries go dead.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

LOL...everybody on here remember me posting this LOL..when you wake up one morning and the Gov. Flips the switch on them things and we all meet in the court square and have no recollection of why.... LOL......Hope your not Naked..LOL

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

If we are all covered by a huge grid that reaches anywhere and everywhere....

How come every time we have a discussion about a c-phone app someone insists it is worthless in the woods due to skimpy coverage?

I can't even make or receive calls from the back bedroom so I am not worrying about the thought police.

In fact, on this very day in 2012 a tornado hit my area and during the search and recovery efforts all the C-phone channels were diverted to rescue services. I remember standing beside a state trooper who was talking on his phone and I had no bars available. All land lines and c-phone service was out for two days. I drove two miles own the interstate and service was normal. That was an enlightening experience.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 03-02-2016 at 02:42 PM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

"Brains, need to eat brains.....brains, brains....Need to eat brains"...
    Zombies are all those with cell phones in their left hand ALWAYS, wondering around after the DTBD......(day the batteries died)

OK, holding, ya responsible..........

Thought police?! Boy, are they gonna find a dry hole when they dial me up.

To...Shooter..Dang straight..and that's the point.. These stupid Towers are everywhere.. We live on top of a Mnt.. You can see flashing lights for miles from them... BUT.. Do I have cell signal up or even down the Mnt... Absolutely not... Go figure...

The thought police was a joke really...but I definitely don't believe it's all about superb Cell service... And it is beginning to cover the US with Something !

I have a friend (uh, well, several friends) who is a conspiracy theory person. My reply to him is that, it wouldn't surprise me at all, but how would I know? I deal with what I can when I can.

Phone relays aren't magical and they generally (unless things have changed since I last checked) work on a line-of-sight basis. The more towers they have, the better coverage they can provide. I was dragged kicking and screaming into the cell phone age when the static got so bad that I couldn't use my landline. That being said, I appreciate being able to phone home from anywhere.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

At work one time we called the reception desk from a phone that was within sight of her and told her we were repairmen and to hold her phone over the trash can so we could blow some water out of the line. She held it there for about 5 minutes until she spotted us looking around the corner laughing !
    Lamewolf
    Manu Forti
    Roadkill, its whats for supper !
    www.angelfire.com/electronic2/qrp

At my work, we do have cameras in the desk phones.
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Oh yeah? Well, we have phones in our cameras. So there.

It must be true. The workers on the last tower I saw going up were all wearing.........

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Most of our state is not covered. You only get cell service in town and along a few of the highway corridors, but not all the way even on them.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Move to Alaska and save your brain.......

Cell towers are actually no threat. You guys missed the REAL threat years ago. Underground lines. That's right. All those underground line are actually a government grid. When they flip the big switch in Washington something is going to happen. I'm not sure what but something will.

I honestly think cell phones are the scourge of society! It almost makes me sick how addicted people are to cell phones. They are causing as many wrecks as drunk drivers, and kids sit around like zombies all day staring at a darned phone!
    I took the girls out to dinner a couple of weeks ago, and I noticed that a young couple sitting near us was actually texting each other as they were waiting for their food.........OMG that is crazy!

Okay, Wildthang, y'got me there. We had a guy walk off a cliff not too long ago fiddling with his cell phone. Drivers here in Denver are a heck of a lot safer than in Selma, but I still have to watch for the occasional driver who's texting and driving with their knees.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.