Thread: Parts Search

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Default Parts Search

I need a butt stock like this one.

https://www.google.com/search?q=U.S....ZHdJsPjVXaM%3A

Anyone have an idea where I might find one, who makes it .....

This is on one of the US Army team guns for shooting 3 gun events.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Any one particular one?........Many choices.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I think he wants the one that pops up. Click again. It should open one picture with the rest in the background.

Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

that's the one!

It clamps around the buffer tube. It is visible in several of the shots being used by several of the team members.

There is also one with a quarter circle brace.

The CIA must be obtaining their gear from UFO middle men because I can not find a lot of the external gear on their firearms.

"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government."

~~Declaration of Independence

And a big thanks to you Druid.

Does anyone have a source for the ones that clamp onto the buffer tube and loop under to form a buttpad, almost like those New York compliant stocks Thorensen makes?

If the weather holds I am about to get into my shop and do some big time "knock off" work!

Looks like a good piece of gear for sure. The weak part of the AR is where the buffer tube screws into lower receiver. In the drop test at Aberdeen I broke one completely in half in the drop test which necessitated the M16A2 being beefed up in that area where many of the after market rifles are not.
    NRA Life Member since 1972. Distinguished High Power Rifle, Distinguished Smallbore Prone US Palma Teams & US Dewar Teams,(2) US Palma Trophy Individual Match wins, Centenary Trophy, Certified Small Arms and Ammunition Test Director, Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland. Conducted testing for US Army Test and Evaluation Command, Army Material Systems Analysis Activity and US Marine Corps. Army Sniper Rifle consultant. Test& evaluation of Small Arms, at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center.

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    And a big thanks to you Druid.

Does anyone have a source for the ones that clamp onto the buffer tube and loop under to form a buttpad, almost like those New York compliant stocks Thorensen makes?

If the weather holds I am about to get into my shop and do some big time "knock off" work!
    Any time bud.

As to the rest of your question, I'm not sure I understand what you mean...

This is the thornson stock
    2127100_03_ar_15_featureless_stock_640.jpg

Here's a dedicated Ruger type
    models-top.jpg

Here's a Troy Industries
    M7A1-PDW-STOCK-KIT.jpg

And a MagPul UBR
    10249.jpg

Here's the 'pistol brace'
    P516-7IN-SB15-Detail-Hero.jpg

I don't quite get what you are you looking for..........
    "But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government."

I wish I felt like I could afford that. It sure looks neat.

It is a bit difficult to describe. Just a simple tubular 1/4 circle loop that clamps to the rear of the buffer tube on one end and has a butt pad on the other.

I saw it on Shooting USA a couple of weeks back. It was being used by the top shooter on the Army 3 gun team. I have looked all over the internet for one and can not find it anywhere.

I am beginning to think it was something cobbled up by the MTU for use by the Army team.

I am just going to put something together myself and stop the endless search.

Last edited by druid; 03-11-2016 at 03:56 AM.