Thread: AR Pistol Build

Default AR Pistol Build

I decided I wanted to build an AR-Pistol. No particular need. Just a fun project.

I ordered a PSA stripped lower for the project just so the powers that be can not say I did not follow the letter of the law. I also ordered a PSA 8.5" upper with M-Lok fore grip. So you get a flat top Picatinny with sides and bottom set up for Magpul's M-lok system. PSA MOE Pistol Lower Build Kit. I had a spare full auto BCG and charging handle. For the first time I had a problem with a lower build kit. The bolt release roll pin didn't fit in my roll pin starter punch. And, the indent spring for the rear take down pin didn't fit in the hole. I grabbed one out of my Bushmaster AR-15 Lost Parts Kit and it fit fine.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Here it is after the build with my RR for size comparison.

I also bought a Remington R1 .45.

I have Primary Arms micro dot, single point sling and AFG being delivered on Wednesday. Which should complete the build.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

If you have never owned one you are in for a treat. They are quite handy.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

This is my first AR-pistol.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

You remember all those pistol-carbine threads we have had? Well the AR pistol is a different approach. Instead of a carbine shooting a pistol cartridge this is a pistol shooting a carbine cartridge.

The 8 1/2" barrel looses some power but the 10" barrel is very close to carbine fps. And they are LOUD !!!

Mine has become my favorite "walking around gun". A single point sling lets you hang them down to your side like a pistol under your arm and you still have full sized magazines. Shoots 2" @50 yards using a red dot. I was happy to find that accuracy level.

I makes you remember why those sub-machine guns of the past were such favored weapons by folks in leadership positions that had maps and charts and crap to deal with and just needed a weapon for close up defense work.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 02-21-2016 at 01:39 AM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

I like the concept but not the application. I mean I like your build but it's not for me.

It's like.....idk......bigger than a Serbu. I don't see how that's any more concealable. If there were something we could do to get rid of the buffer tube, I'd be more optimistic about building and carrying one of my own.

nice build though, I hope it serves you well.
    "But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government."

~~Declaration of Independence

I want one!!!
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?