Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is there such a thing as too small?

I see you know nothing of actual pistol combat. Ever heard of Bill Jordan? 9 kills as a Border Patrolman. How about Jim Cirillo? 13 kills as a stakeout NYPD officer, and he double teamed half a dozen more with his partner. Some mercenaries get a bit of pistol combat, now and then, too.

I've had 2" kit guns with which I could group 2" at 25 yds, from the sitting braced position. I modified a M21 beretta .22lr pocket pistol to hit more 10" gongs at 100 yds than missed, from Standing unsupported, 2 handed. that requires a 12" grouping, but that's just 6" at 50 yds, and 3"at 25 yds. not that tough to attain, once you add real sights to the gun.

Have you used a pistol in combat?

Law enforcement shootings are not combat
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

oh yeah? you still die and kill in them. so please, explain to use the difference?

I"ve pointed a pistol at men several times in my life. Nobody had any doubt that i"d empty it into them, so I didn't have to fire.

I"ve been studying this stuff for over 45 years. you can research it, too, thru the Dept of Justice's Annual crime survey. it shows that most attacks are not made with guns. As a civilian, if you shoot a guy at more than 10 ft of range and he has no projectile weapon, you'll be very lucky if you are not in prison/and or sued out of every dollar you ever make. Ask George Z about that one.!

Read the Nra's column, "the armed Citizen", put out monthly in the American Rifleman. I"ve been a Life Member of NRA for almost 40 years now.

Read Cirillo's book on gunfighting. He personally shot 13 men, double teamed 5-6 more with his partner, watched his partner shoot another 5-6, and was in direct contact with the other half dozen cops who shot another 15 or so men, during the NYPD's Stakeout Unit's reign. They intevened in 280 Armed robberies, mostly of liquor stores, almost all in Harlem, and only 40 guys made them fire. Even tho cornered and facing many, many years in sing Sing, they surrendered. If you have any sense, you will let your attacker flee, and save yourself the 50k$ it will take you to stay out of prison and "uns-sued".

So, what this means for training/performance-eval is you need to be superfast for CCW draws, keep alert, have hand to hand skills, and youll probably never need accuracy or power. Ask any cop. They point guns at people 10x as often as they have to fire them. but you can't scare or shoot anyone with a gun that you as of yet have not pointed at them. With airsoft, becoming superfast for the CCW draw and hit is easy, quick, safe and low-dollar. I had to do it with primer powered wax ammo, which inhales sharply. You spend more time "loading" such "ammo" than you do firing.

another source of info is the FBI"s Uniform Crime Report, which says that over half of the COP shooting is done at less than 10 ft, and 90+ % of it is done at less than 10 yds. Cops get away with all sorts of stuff that will send YOU to prison for doing, and cops are required to pursue felons, etc. You are told to let them go, withdraw, etc, with good reason. Cause if you don't, you'll end up like Zimmerman, your life ruined and at-risk.
    Last edited by taint; 03-05-2016 at 03:58 PM.