Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting ready for my first hike!

Default Getting ready for my first hike!

New to this community and loved to be a part of this.
    I'm in preparation of my first real jungle camp and hike next month at Algonquin park and am so excited. I know there are a lot of things to be taken care of before getting into a hike. So I thought this getting advice from the experienced survivors is the best way to prepare myself. The adventure programs are coordinated with the adventure lodge situated in the middle of the park named Killarney. They offer the camp stay and food. Since this is going to be my first adventure, it would be really helpful if someone get me know the things to survive in wild. Thanks.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

http://www.killarneylodge.com/

Wilderness survival at its finest!

Those cabins you will be "surviving" your adventure in are nice!

Seems the dining is much better than our normal mouse, maggot and ramen noodle survival fare too!
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 02-04-2016 at 05:01 AM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Smallest fork is the salad fork. The one furthest left is the fish fork. The one at the top of the plate is the service fork. The largest spoon is the soup spoon and the one at the top of the plate is the desert spoon. That should get you through the meals without too much stress. If you do get lost just ask the butler for directions.

Man, I am doing something wrong. I love the jungles of Algonquin. Depending on the time of year, bring mosquito repellent.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Experienced survivors always check and see if the whirlpool is working.....I hate it when it out of order.
    Oh and didn't see anything about Wifi
    Gear....
    Swim suit, dinner jacket, credit card.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Every wilderness survival trip should include a sunday roast with yorkshire pudding.

Seriously, though, it does look like a lovely place to spend a week, though not roughing it by any stretch of the imagination. I would bring plenty of socks if you're going in March, the woods tend to be a bit moist that time of year.

209 per person in the off season there had better be prime rib roast is all I'm saying.

I actually kind of want to go there now. except I cannot afford it. But if I save my pennies up maybe I can buy myself a nice roast and eat it staring intently at my fish tank.

Now that Killarney Lodge is my kind of camping!

S.M.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to gain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790),U.S. statesman, scientist, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

You guys are hilarious!

I wonder if the new guy attempting to be a "covert spammer" or otherwise trying to gather info to get people like us interested.......
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

The IP addresses weren't geographically close so I don't think he had anything to do with the lodge.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    The IP addresses weren't geographically close so I don't think he had anything to do with the lodge.
    Gotcha. A new guy making only one post about a resort had me curious. Awesome mods are on it like always!
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

I for one am envious......
    I mean, our el-cheapo Days Inn we stay at during "deer camp"...has breakfast...and half the time the whirlpool is broke....
    We were really "surviving hardships"....I gotta tell ya...

but WiFi worked.

See,
    If someone had only told me this was the way to start.....

Quote Originally Posted by DSJohnson View Post
    See,
    If someone had only told me this was the way to start.....
    Now ain't that the truth......all those nights as a kid, in my Red Ryder tent (not very water proof) then a Milsup a pup tent (still damp) and mummy bag, that smelled like wet chickens and sweat, ...beans, hot dogs, and stolt can of cherry pie filling....I could have been in a Lodge.....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Now ain't that the truth......all those nights as a kid, in my Red Ryder tent (not very water proof) then a Milsup a pup tent (still damp) and mummy bag, that smelled like wet chickens and sweat, ...beans, hot dogs, and stolt can of cherry pie filling....I could have been in a Lodge.....LOL

should have held out for the Roasted Atlantic Lobster with Garlic Butter. With apple walnut stilton salad to start, of course. No reason to be uncivilized.

Sooo, you are saying "Shirt tails in...Kinda place?"

But the never revealed the contents of the picnic lunch for the catered hike.

Could have been smoked salmon, could have been bologna?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Businesses like to outsource their 'incentivized organic advertizement'. Usually to the unemployed. I used to Mturk a lot and always had to shy away from the obnoxious and spammy stuff

You believe for a minute this is a different person? http://www.fodors.com/community/cana...and-cruise.cfm

I bet if I spent more time at it I'd find a lot more posts of that format asking about specific luxury travel services with similar user names.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by canid View Post
    Businesses like to outsource their 'incentivized organic advertizement'. Usually to the unemployed. I used to Mturk a lot and always had to shy away from the obnoxious and spammy stuff

You believe for a minute this is a different person? http://www.fodors.com/community/cana...and-cruise.cfm

I bet if I spent more time at it I'd find a lot more posts of that format asking about specific luxury travel services with similar user names.
    Irrelevant and unimportant at this point, we're quite aware of all this and we are having a troll toss party!

pour a cup of coffee and jump in, it's you chance to make fun of someone to maximum effect without consciences.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 02-06-2016 at 06:06 PM.