Thread: Is everyone slow?

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Default Is everyone slow?

Is the forum slow in response to everyone or is it just me?

It is taking forever to change topics and skip through subsections and I am still waiting for one thread to appear from pushing the button early this morning!

My computer is working fine everywhere else on the internet so I am wondering if everyone is having a problem.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Seem to be running slow here as well.......
    But...I'm getting a lot of "long script running", and "recover web page" errors....on the Yahoo, MSN sites....like all their adds running.....so when I shut them down...the forum seems to speed up.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

May just be the server provider. Seen that before. Bandwidth is a problem sometimes.
    There's just too many folks online with your internet provider. (Time-Warner is really bad for that sometimes.)

since I had to buy a new computer ( old one was stolen among other stuff Christmas day) and I'm running windows 10 things actually seem to be faster now.
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

Well Merry Danged Christmas. Someone would have to not only be slow but low...really low...to steal on Christmas Day. Have they caught the idiots?

Not slow for me. Been the same as always on my ASUS laptop.
    But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. Joshua 24:15

i think going into your internet history a couple times a day and deleting past searches and posts
    might help make things a little better just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Well Merry Danged Christmas. Someone would have to not only be slow but low...really low...to steal on Christmas Day. Have they caught the idiots?
    We're waiting for him to hand himself. Cops know who did it. It's a druggie relative. Computer wasn't so bad because it was almost toast anyway. BUT while he left the wife's jewelry alone and the firebox under the bed with over $1000 in cash and another 2k in silver rounds. He took a dozen firearms that weren't in the gun safe.

What he didn't realize was.
    1. I'd changed the security system to silent while we were gone so cops would be called.

2. While he got away before the cops arrived he Didn't realize I had added 4 more security cameras and we have plenty of good video of him. Cops are waiting to catch him trying to sell the guns so they can get them off the street.
    Shame when a family members love for drugs leads them to steal, even worse family.
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

Sounds like it's time for a good old fashioned family beat down...I mean.... intervention. The kind that starts out, "this is gonna hurt you a lot more than any of us, so....".

The Chrome web browser caches seemingly everything and will fill up it's cache rapidly, even if you never use it.

http://www.guidingtech.com/1662/clea...google-chrome/
    Wilderness Survival:
    Surviving a temporary situation where you're lost in the wilderness

Sounds like it's time for a good old fashioned family beat down...I mean.... intervention. The kind that starts out, "this is gonna hurt you a lot more than any of us, so....".
    Have a couple of prior marine buddies that are going to take him "hunting" next month when the wife and I are gone on an overnight "vacation"

Works for me. There's a lot to be said for plausible deniability.

I often get called slow on forums. I wonder if it's related.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Your cash is probably full. Time to buy something.

Your cash is probably full. Time to buy something.
    I saw what you did there........Pretttty slick.....
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27