Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Did You Get?

I handed my wife an empty box of ammo and told here where to get it. Ended up with 3 full boxes under the tree.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Now see? That gal's a keeper.

New rangefinder (Bushnell Scout 1000 Arc DX) and a thousand rounds of 7.62 NATO, and some jerky

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Now see? That gal's a keeper.
    even if it was the wrong stuff.....she is still a keeper.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by finallyME View Post
    I handed my wife an empty box of ammo and told here where to get it. Ended up with 3 full boxes under the tree.
    If I was to do that.......I would have 3 more empty boxes under the tree.....With the comment, "Well, I know you collect weird stuff?"
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

What's the battery life on that little angel Crash?

Makes me want to put an Aimpoint on the PF9!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

The battery has a five year life. No on or off switch, just a protective cover when not in use.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

nice crash. what kinda trigger is that?
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Not sure. He called it an Austin trigger (his name). I'll ask the next time I'm in the shop.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Got a flashlight set up for my Legacy .12 guage that's all shooting related. But my wonderful wife got me the super magnum game cart with the dual tire setup from Cabelas, and a set of the stiener marine commander bino's.
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

Steiners?!?!? I am jealouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DSJohnson View Post
    Steiners?!?!? I am jealouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    where I'm the gadget master, she's the bargain master! founds them on line somewhere for $275,
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

A belated Christmas present to myself. I just bought a Walther PPX 9mm. I am looking forward to taking it to the range.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

wifey got me a bear grizly recurve.

I procured a trigger job on my .30-'06 Mossberg (AKA "Western Auto") bolt-gun that I inherited from my brother after he retired to Costa Rica. The smith told me that he really thought 6 pounds of trigger pull were just a wee bit much and lowered it to about 3 lb. It's amazing how much better I got the next day!! I celebrated by buying six boxes of 180 grain FMJ and two boxes of 180 JSP ammunition. I guess as long as the grizzlies, cape buffalo, and elephant avoid Arizona, I should be able to defend myself from the animals.

I was kidding when I told the girls that I wanted a Thompson Sub! Where they got that thing I don't know! It was indeed a surprise! Eat your heart out Kyratt!!!

I carried a Thompson sub for three days once and that was enough for me. 15 pounds, at least, with a stick magazine! I don't know what I was thinking other than being young and dumb.

The new Auto Ordinance Thompsons are really nice in fit and finish. Real works of art. You should be proud of it.

No guns for Christmas here but I got a Power Pressure Cooker XL (yes the infomercial one) from Kohl's (you can return it forever) and I have been feeding DH great meals ever since. Cannot believe how easy it makes everything (I know I sound like the guy). I had been afraid of pressure cookers and we have a glass top stove so cannot use any canner (according to the stove manufacturer and warranty). Now, I look for ways to use it each day. Everything takes less than 1/2 hour!

But my real present was a 2016 Honda CRV Touring as in late November, DH killed our 2003 Explorer that had 247,000 miles on it and that ran like new. We loved that vehicle. Took so many adventures in it. Raised our kids in her (her name was Scarlett as she was bright red) I swear with all the moves and school things. (Moved 4x with Scarlett).

He turned left in front of no one at an intersection and some guy came from another block or a parking spot, gunned it (DH could HEAR the engine racing on the guy's 2007 car) and slammed into our Explorer's back end. $4400 damage meant it was insurance-totalled. Of course DH was fine (Explorers are tanks). We had planned on a new car for him next year so had the $$$ saved but since we had to buy a large SUV in 2014 (Chevy Traverse), this is adding up fast as mucho $$$$ into vehicles. DH asked "WHY with the 2+ lanes here did you gun it and hit me?" The guy actually said "well you were in my way". What a jerk!

Now, Dh has been driving the CRV commuting to Milw. from Central WI each week. (Stays there, then home). HE HATES THE CRV. Says the continuous variable transmission drives him nuts (no pun intended Came home really really crabby on Thursday nights and just couldn't say enough bad things about it. He missed his tank.

So he took my Chevy Traverse and NOW I get another brand new vehicle. Named it "Dick" as it is white (Moby Dick). Traverse is solid dark gray so named Earl for "Earl Gray-hot" (Trekkies will get the reference).

In 35+ years of marriage we have never ever had 2 new vehicles at the same time. We were a 1 car family (Scarlett the old SUV) from 2009-early 2014. We drive cars till they die or when we got transferred to Chicago (4x) and you get rid of your 2nd car as it costs too much to keep there.

This is amazing! So best Christmas in a long time!
    But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. Joshua 24:15

After a lifetime of shooting off of sandbags made from old blue jean legs left over from making cut off shorts and contraptions cobbled together for supporting the firearm I finally caught Sportsman's Guide on a free shipping day and ordered a real shooting rest.

This one has a curved rifle support to by pass the magazine or allow the lever of a rifle to be used easily. My last rest did not have clearance for either. It also has provision for weighing down with shot bags or sandbags.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/produ...-solo?a=606353