Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Did You Get?

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Default What Did You Get?

It is now time for the annual "what shooting gear did you get for Christmas" thread.

So, what did everyone get?

I didn't get anything so I need to live vicariously here. Help me out!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Ha....I didn't either......still working off the French flint pistol build......LOL
    That's gonna get me past my birthday and maybe Sweetest Day....I think.

Been looking at a 7.62 X39 barrel for the Handi.....already up to $223 with 5 day to go...
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Well Hunter, when it gets to $350 you can buy an SKS for the same money.

Well, already have one....and is a fun one to shoot.

Besides, haven't seen an SKS for a couple of years other than the Chinese versions that have been dragged to the show behind a pick up...

Well......nothing for Christmas, but just before a green laser for my G19, a green laser for my SW40VE, a new Gen 4 G34 MOS and added a Docter MRDS to it. I'll take some pictures tomorrow at the range.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Rem 870. And I'm being coy with all the add-ons rolling in...

Nothing shooting related but I gave out a few boxes of ammo to my brother and his boys.
    Wilderness Survival:
    Surviving a temporary situation where you're lost in the wilderness

Surefire G2 was the only "shooting gear" this Christmas.

Got some fishing lures and a new rod though...

nothing gun related, but some outdoorsy stuff. Also received "Band of Brothers" set. I see some binge watching in my future!!!!
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Oh yea, that is about 10 hours of movie.

Ambrose really outdid himself on that book.

I read the book before seeing the series and they put it on the Military Channel as a marathon one weekend.

That is one film that really sticks to the book, although the book has more detail and character development.

Those characters are/were real people and the work was not a novel, it was a documentary.

Exactly why I like that series! It sticks to the truth. There is no drama or over done heroics. Everything was researched and survivors were intensely interview and consulted for accuracy. Although not everything can be covered in a short series, it does give a good overview of the men in Easy Co and the things they face.

Haven't seen Band of Brothers the Pacific...... yet. I hopefully it is up to the same standard. Still need to locate the book as well!
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

well it's really hard to join in on this thread when my thought process was to get a $11,000 camper @ 2010 for $4000 and drive away now steel folks will re-enforce it. Yup this is my bug out bag, 17 feet of it. I need a Glock...Never mind... too close to Maryland.

I will start a thread soon with pics...
    “There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Love my RVs!

Have had three of them. One was a 17' model. It was real nice to pull, had a good bathroom and enough kitchen to do some actual cooking.

I had a 30' model that I hooked up with solar and did not have to plug into the grid one year from April till November when the time changed.

RV's. OUR toilet. OUR sheets. OUR utensils. Aaaaaah. Home away from home. Did find a little Mom and Pop room in Blowing Rock, NC with high count cotton sheets that like dogs. Nice. But a new RV is in the planning. We're on the fence on smallish van (ish) (her) to F-350 and a fifth wheel with slide-outs (me).

If you go too big you are locking yourself into only RV parks use.

With the small ones you can bushwack a little and not hurt the tow vehicle or camper. Go into a designated wilderness area and pull into a hollow or onto the riverbank and park for a couple of days until the holding tanks are full, use them for a deer camp.

And the bigger you go the more you lose in depreciation in those first couple of years. Campers never were cheap when new and those first two years loss of value are a real hit to most people, especially first time buyers that have to get out from under them due to health or just finding out the wife does not like sitting in cramped spaces when it rains all day.

I had a childhood friend whose parents (workaholic dad and stay at home mom) retired and bought a pull behind RV. They took off for a year and toured Canada, then Mexico, then came home and filed for divorce. They had been married for 30 years and did not realize they hated each other until they were forced to be together 24/7 in a 23' camper and its tow vehicle for a year.

LOL....Yeah, had a VP in our factory that was married for 60 years....retired at 70, decided after the first year....Not sure her like her all that much as they never spent any time together in all those years.....

Between RV at the moment....DW wants a 5th wheel or large pull behind......No room to park it in the yard.
    May clear amd level a spot on Unit 2 at "The Place"....and park it there.

It would block either driveway as they are.

Jury still out......."I'm Fixin' on it"

Lotta wannas in the next few years. All RV parks take dogs. We take dogs on the land in NC. LOL.Those coon hunters like that.

"All I want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth." That happens twice in life...

My family has NO idea the stuff I have, let alone what I need and don't - so I got gift cards to my local army/navy store. Perfect.

I have yet to get there and spend them but use your imagination - you won't be disappointed LOL.

In seriousness though...I'm doing another AR build so I need components to complete that project.
    "But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government."

~~Declaration of Independence

I inherited a New England Firearms .410, a NEF. 22 pistol and a NEF 12 guage single shot. Also got a Winchester model 62 S.R. or L.R. The 12 guage is for decorative purposes only. The other three are in good condition, just need to get them out to the range for some fun.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I didn't get anything shooting related this year myself, but I bought the BF a shooting bench. I got a metal detector.
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)