Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tonic Water

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Default Tonic Water

I have some pretty bad muscle cramps and the Dr told me to drink half glass of tonic water each night to get the quinine into my system.

This stuff is terrible!!

I can see why the people in the tropics mixed it with Gin and lime to gag it down.

I tried the gin with it and it was worse than the tonic water alone so I just skip that part and go straight to the tonic water and lime. Now I have a fifth of Gin that will never be drunk.

And as long as I am taking the tonic water for the cramps I don't have to worry about malaria.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Add some iodine to it and sell it to a Yankee ---- tell em its Kentucky Bourbon.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Man. I strongly urge you to get a second opinion. You would have to drink the whole dang bottle to achieve the level of quinine that used to be prescribed. I guess it doesn't hurt since it's tonic water but it doesn't fix the problem either. There are tons of reasons you can have leg cramps including the meds you are taking. The real benefit of drinking water before bed is you have to get up more often to go pee thereby exercising your legs more. (insert bazinga here)

Senior Member Pennsylvania Mike's Avatar

If you like to eat lamb, use the Gin to marinade the lamb with and your favorite spices.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I am not marinating anything with this crap! While it might pickle the meat it would add three layers of BAD to the meal and make me wish I had just thrown the poor creature directly on the fire.

It is the awfullest tasting stuff I have ever tried to consume. I can not understand how anyone could become an alcoholic if this was all they had available!

I suppose I am too accustomed to my smoother and calmer corn squezzins' of local production.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

My grandfather always had a bottle of gin on him. Now you know why he was such a miserable old cuss.

Hagar The Horrible walks into a bar.....
    Bartended says....."What will it be?"
    Hagar,.."I'll have a Beefeater Martini very, very dry.....gently stirred, not shaken....with a pearl onion...."
    Barthender, "All we have is Hooch"
    Hager..."That works"
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

OK quick *** question are you on high blood pressure meds? - better yet what meds are you taking. (looks like you are discussing a side affect of taking medication)
    “There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsylvania Mike View Post
    If you like to eat lamb, use the Gin to marinade the lamb with and your favorite spices.
    I just want to give you a HIGH FIVE and a DOWN LOW!
    “There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

TRy a shot of vodka and a squeeze of lime.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

I honestly think that unleaded gasoline would taste much better than gin!

The old epsom salts soak is pretty decent for muscles and cramps. I always go for salt and water also when I get some muscle problems or injuries.

It's quite good mixed with cranberry juice assuming you aren't on blood thinners. Add a lime wedge and i looks sort of like a cocktail, which is great camouflage for if you go on the wagon and wind up getting invited to a fancy party

Quote Originally Posted by tundrabadger View Post
    It's quite good mixed with cranberry juice assuming you aren't on blood thinners. Add a lime wedge and i looks sort of like a cocktail, which is great camouflage for if you go on the wagon and wind up getting invited to a fancy party
    Yeah, if you want a girly-man cocktail .....What are you gonna call it a "A Pucker and Tonic"?

LOL
    Bazinga...Joke....just picture you walking around with that tiny glass, with pinky UP.....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Yeah, if you want a girly-man cocktail .....What are you gonna call it a "A Pucker and Tonic"?

LOL
    Bazinga...Joke....just picture you walking around with that tiny glass, with pinky UP.....LOL
    Pinky up is for teacups, you boor! Wheras we all know that fruity cocktails are more properly consumed by holding the glass in your left hand and using a sugar spoon to transfer the drink to your mouth, bit by bit. As per Miss Manners. You can look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by tundrabadger View Post
    Pinky up is for teacups, you boor! Wheras we all know that fruity cocktails are more properly consumed by holding the glass in your left hand and using a sugar spoon to transfer the drink to your mouth, bit by bit. As per Miss Manners. You can look it up.
    Gotta go look that one up for sure....Miss manners you say.....
    Bhohahaha

We just put stuff in a paper bag.....gulp some down from the bottle......and make a wincy face.....seem straight tonic would fit that.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Gotta go look that one up for sure....Miss manners you say.....
    Bhohahaha

We just put stuff in a paper bag.....gulp some down from the bottle......and make a wincy face.....seem straight tonic would fit that.
    It's better with lime if you make that credible somehow.

in all seriousness, now I want some tonic water. I blame Kyrat for this.

....And now I have a hankering for lime.......LOL

And now it's stuck in my head. I might be forced to escalate this. Maybe a little ditty about, oh, verdant cold blooded megafauna for example.

Yeah, that or green anaconda.