Thread: Some Interesting Survival Gear Ideas

Default Some Interesting Survival Gear Ideas

Found some interesting ideas (some are in production). I know that we've seen the bear punching bag before - the article refers to it as acting like a piņata in the wind. I really like survival cart that looks like it doubles as a hot dog vending cart. http://www.wired.com/gadgets/gadgetr...rvival_gadgets
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Interesting site. My favorite quote so far:

"Thanks a lot Dad. Look at it roll over there. We could have gotten one of those weird cocoon testicles. Now we're dead."
    Not all who wander are lost - Tolkien

Now I know at some point I'll be reading an article about someone caught out in the winter and frozen solid in one of those testicles. Worse would be a picture of two, side by side, with a tree as a back drop. I just don't want to think about what the by-line could say.

In truth the cocoon looks like some kind of confinement/torture device that is probably outlawed by the Geneva convention.

Your right Crash I think I bought at sandwich from one of those last week.

Very ingenious.
    Working all lunchtime feeding the crowds as a regular lunch cart guy then Wham!
    You are transformed into an on the road "Mad Max" Survivor.

I'll take one with extra onions please.

I do not no where this should be posted, so i hope it gets in the right place.
    My husband and I are drilling another water well closer to our cabin. We plan to put a hand pump on this one.It will be a 4" well.
    We are down 43 feet and we are in wet sand now, we can't seem to get the sand out of the bottom. I am looking for a water well bailing bucket, this you put down into the wet sand and pull back up and empty the wet sand little at a time, so you can getting deeper into the water.. I can't seem to find one on the internet or with well companies. If any one knows of a place, or some some who sells the bailing bucket,please let me no.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Cabingirl, My understanding is that you cannot hand pump more than 33'......

Have you looked into now hand driving inside the existing well you just dug a "SANDPOINT" use the 2" sandpoint. The sand point will filter the sand. And then use compressed air to push the water up, or a 12 volt pump.

I think after about 30' you need to push the water up, not lift the water with a hand pump, Good Luck.

I think we have a good thread on wells.
    Last edited by Sourdough; 05-25-2008 at 01:44 PM.