Thread: Information on a thumb drive

Default Information on a thumb drive

I have acquired a few small thumb drives on key chains and I am planning on putting some information on them for emergency purposes. I figured I'd keep one on my keys and place one on the Mrs. keys as well. I was wondering what everyone here puts on theirs. I plan on putting the following on mine:

Birth Certificates of the entire family
    State ID's of the entire family
    Social security cards of the entire family
    Marriage license
    "who to contact" information
    Medical information

Does anyone have a "form" or format that they use for medical information? I want to make sure the pertinent stuff gets on there. Perhaps input from EMTs and first responders regarding what info they find useful could be helpful.

Thanks everyone.
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

I would try to keep it a pdf as much as possible. That increases your chances of being able to read the documents farther down the road. I am not an EMT and don't work in the medical profession, so I don't know what their data reading capabilities are, or if they even have a protocol for looking for and then reading medical information off a digital storage device.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Don't lose your keys........

I keep thumb drives with computer information...My Doc's, Contacts, etc......
    Don't know if I would go as far as all your documents.
    Just saying.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I have one that I wear around my neck. It has the following info:

ICE document
    Medical Records
    Organ donor form
    Health Care Power of Attorney
    Living Will

http://www.vistaprint.com/design/PUD...51099606&GNF=0

Thanks guys.

Good point about the other documents, Hunter. I already thought about that. Other than Driver's license, I plan on making the other info password protected.
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Sandisk has a protected 'vault' in their flash drives.

On medical records, I keep those in Word documents and in a per-person file [if you are storing for more than yourself]. Keep general information readily available but keep sensitive information stored in the protected vault. It's how I manage my files.

I would create a "graph" for each person and add:

"General" information could be Name, DOB, SSN, Driver License #, general description, blood type and list any allergies.

"Sensitive" information [for the vault] could be Name, DOB, SSN, Dr license #, general description [height/weight/eye & hair color, etc], any previous surgeries, Scars/marks/tattoos [unique identifiers] and their [body] locations, medications for ___ ailments and the dose/schedule, allergies, emergency contact numbers/family, Name and # of your Priest/Minister [if you have one], Will or the location of your will, bank account numbers, list by name of debit/credit cards and their numbers/exp dates, Names/numbers of schools your children attend, family names and identifiers [descriptions], vehicle information [make/model/VIN #/insurance carrier, agent & policy #], homeowners insurance information, list of firearms by description and serial number...and anything else you can think of.......the list is subjective to the individual....
    "But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government."

~~Declaration of Independence

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

You can also sign up for Smart 911. That is the place you can put who all lives in your house and allergies, even what pets you have.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Well folks....I do think allergies and medical conditions and contact numbers are a good idea.....like the ID bracelet or necklace.

I will not put all myself or families information in one place and carry it around.

Password?..Safe vault?....Bhohahaha....Good luck.

Kid at Best Buy Geek Squad....blew right by all the passwords, as I was asking him if he needed it.....just said "Naw".

You all do what you want....but the Smart 911 0or ID bracelet will suit me just fine.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27