Thread: a new tin find at aldis

Default a new tin find at aldis

was at aldis yesterday getting my winter jerkey supply and spotted these new tins.
    benton's creme filled wafer rolls(choclate fudge) i really bought a couple of them
    not for the stuff inside somuch but for the container anyone here ever do that heh heh.
    anyhow the tin is 4in,widex6,1/2in tall seems as the it would make a nice survival can
    say for mabey a fire starting-kit or a tin to make char cloth.lots of stuff anyony ever go to aldis
    they've got a few tins can use for may things also the thrift store is a good choice for stuff like this.

Thanks for the heads up......I do that same thing.
    Not a big "tin" guy, more of a pouch fan, but it is interesting how the mind works.

In the back of your brain is the constant, "What can I use that for?'.......that happens even if you are not even trying.

Found a strawberry picking basket.....waxed cardboard...in the "free pile at a yard sale...had about 15 empty Altoids tins in it.
    Was marked "free" but gave the lady $1 buck for it anyway......brought them home...now trying to think of what I can do with them....LOL
    Strawberry basket...long 2 quart with handle is a great garden harvest container....so that went into the garden stuff pile.....

Now to fine a home for all those tins.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Anyone need 7562+1/3 coffee cans?
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

If they are the metal cans....sell them on eBay as Hobe stove Kits...$10 bucks each.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

They are metal but they are the 1 pound size and too small for hobo stoves.

but

I could include a piece of coat hanger wire and sell them as tin billy kits.

Multi purpose survival tools. Use for cooking, hauling water, digging holes, making bird traps, berry buckets, emergency pee cans if it is cold and raining outside your tent.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

You gat your self a gold mine......
    But
    I prefer the.. big mouth orange juice jugs.. w/screw on cap.....for obvious reasons...for my pee jug....LOL

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by hayshaker View Post
    was at aldis yesterday getting my winter jerkey supply and spotted these new tins.
    benton's creme filled wafer rolls(choclate fudge) i really bought a couple of them
    not for the stuff inside somuch but for the container anyone here ever do that heh heh.
    anyhow the tin is 4in,widex6,1/2in tall seems as the it would make a nice survival can
    say for mabey a fire starting-kit or a tin to make char cloth.lots of stuff anyony ever go to aldis
    they've got a few tins can use for may things also the thrift store is a good choice for stuff like this.
    I really like to stop off at Aldi. Hot chocolates spoon was my fave pick of the special buys section. LOL .. My first reaction to spotting it was “why haven’t I seen one of these before?” Personally, I think all utensils should be made of chocolate.

I see a lot of various tins at thrift stores.
    In the back of your brain is the constant, "What can I use that for?'.......that happens even if you are not even trying.
    Yea, a section of my brain is reserved exclusively for that.
    Anyone need 7562+1/3 coffee cans?
    Holy cow. The suggestions for selling them wouldn't be a joke...you got money there.
    I prefer the.. big mouth orange juice jugs.. w/screw on cap.....for obvious reasons...for my pee jug....LOL
    Heh, funny story...was homeless, in my truck, in a parking lot in winter at night, with snow and ice everywhere. Had to pee. Instead of walk a ways to a restroom, got into an interesting position to do it in a can. Lot security drove up and said I had to leave because employees claimed that they drove by and saw me using binoculars to look at people and was...um...playing with something (committing a sinful act). Explained to him that I was weeing, and maybe they saw a reflection from the clear cover on a book I was holding on the steering wheel while I was reading...

...those big ole dummy heads. C'mon, man.
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails.

- William Arthur Ward

I was on the interstate one time and had a piece of stripping come loose on the passenger side of the windshield. I pulled to the side of the road and was standing on the passenger side trying to stuff a piece of folded napkin into it to hold it down until I got home Two squad cars pulled to the shoulder, one in front and one in the rear. Both of the LEO were looking down when they walked up. I started laughing because I knew they thought I was taking a whiz. If I had been broke down there probably wouldn't have been anyone around for miles. But I get two for a potential whiz violation. I thought it was pretty sweet. Even my wife was smiling.

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    They are metal but they are the 1 pound size and too small for hobo stoves.

but

I could include a piece of coat hanger wire and sell them as tin billy kits.

Multi purpose survival tools. Use for cooking, hauling water, digging holes, making bird traps, berry buckets, emergency pee cans if it is cold and raining outside your tent.
    Not too small for hobo stoves ! I made a hobo stove from one by using the stainless steel grill from a computer fan on top - have even grilled hamburgers on it ! I cut a hole in the side so I can feed hardwood sticks into the fire and have even used it sitting on the seat of my aluminum boat !
    Lamewolf
    Manu Forti
    Roadkill, its whats for supper !
    www.angelfire.com/electronic2/qrp

The other day I was at an antique shop and was about to give up and leave (they didn't have one single solitary old flashlight!) when I saw something in a pile of junk on a shelf. A chrome/nickel plated brass soap box! $2.50. I happily took it home. I've been looking for a decent metal pocket tin for a while now and would never have thought to look for a soap box! It is probably a bit too thick for most people's pockets today, but works fine in the pocket of my old fashioned baggy britches. it's got a lot more class than a plastic box or an Altoid's tin. Still not sure exactly I want to put in it, but now i want another to put my soap in!