Thread: winter pet treats

Default winter pet treats

braised cat in duck confee sauce no not really what i mean is treats
    for the pets . every year i go to the country butcher at deer season
    which is comming up in two weeks woohoo. i go in the dumpster for the
    deer carcasses and i feed those to the cats and my dog.
    you can just chuck them out in yard and they feed free choice.
    as for me i like to get the legs cause i use the for knife handles and other things
    when doing my native american crafts.i hear it's going to be a bad winter so i'm

going to get as many as i can. does anyone here do that for thier critters?

No...try to keep them away from scraps...and will not use them in the yard.
    Too many coyotes, (The Place) skunks, rats and other vermin around.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Nor do I, but rather than dumpster dive --- why not ask them to save em for you and you will pick up on certain days?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

If you can use some leg bones I don't think you should have to much problem. But, as Hunter mentioned, you could attract some animals you don't want. My biggest fear would be skunks. Around here if the crows came around, I would figure I had too much out.
    I know of two dogs mauled by bears. One guy hung a rib cage out for the birds and the bear just about did his jack russell dog in. I don't know if the rib cage had anything to do with it though. I think a fox got a big male cat of ours which we were fond of. I had seen the fox near the house during that time. Foxes seem to like cats. I almost lost a good beagle to a coyote in the middle of the day while hunting (coyotes like dogs), but a friend shot the coyote and rolled him just before he got to the dog.
    Like i said, you are probably just fine, but just keep your eyes open.

We don't feed bones like we use to, $600 at the vets for a cracked tooth determined that one . I boil the bones and also collect all the other stock for making dog biscuits. Thay also eat about half a deer a year, the same meat we eat .......... I love my dogs.

i have the whole place fenced off so coyotes are not a problem and the dog seems to roam the place ofthen
    she like to rat hunt. the dog is a black sheppard about 110lbs. i do as i can get the ribcages when thier on the floor inside.