Thread: What would be your favorite place to survive?

Default What would be your favorite place to survive?

I do not think I can survive some places in this world, I think some places would piss me off more than anything. What do you think?
    Last edited by Rick; 10-25-2015 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Deleted for Profanity
    crazy stuff https://www.youtube.com/user/KUSTOMBLACK1

I think of survival as a situation that arises as a result of something going drastically wrong. Like being out on a hiking trip and getting lost or becoming stranded in a blizzard for days in some desolate area. I don't think that I would have a favorite place to have to fight for my life. I think it would suck no matter where I was.
    Best Regards,
    Stu from Kentucky

Hunter63 saying Hey and Welcome....
    There is a intro section at:
    http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...-Introductions

I try to survive everywhere I go, no matter what I'm doing.......so I don't go anywhere "To Have,... to Survive"
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Your 3 is pretty much my recreational sans the gorillas. Though we do have guerrillas from time to time.

I agree on the ocean thing for different reasons. I consider sharks a resource. But, a lack of potable water and pretty bad exposure conditions suck. Things on a boat can go real bad real quick. We used to run some pretty questionable boats out to Gulf Stream. Nothing but a compass. No radio. Nothing and we did it all the time.

You wouldn't catch me on the water like that now. But, this isn't the 1980's either.

The deserts the same thing. Being prepared. I guess we count the frozen tundra as a desert also.

But, jungles are full of resources. Look at the number of primitive people that still occupy jungles today. I think it is more than any other type of environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kustom Black View Post
    What would be your favorite place to survive?
    Wherever my feet are planted.
    Wilderness Survival:
    Surviving a temporary situation where you're lost in the wilderness

I agree, it doesn't matter when you are fighting for your life.

Well said. I will check out the intro section thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by pete lynch View Post
    You are beast!

Quote Originally Posted by Batch View Post
    Your 3 is pretty much my recreational sans the gorillas. Though we do have guerrillas from time to time.

I agree on the ocean thing for different reasons. I consider sharks a resource. But, a lack of potable water and pretty bad exposure conditions suck. Things on a boat can go real bad real quick. We used to run some pretty questionable boats out to Gulf Stream. Nothing but a compass. No radio. Nothing and we did it all the time.

You wouldn't catch me on the water like that now. But, this isn't the 1980's either.

The deserts the same thing. Being prepared. I guess we count the frozen tundra as a desert also.

But, jungles are full of resources. Look at the number of primitive people that still occupy jungles today. I think it is more than any other type of environment.
    You are right, those places do have good resources maybe lacking one or the other. But those places can turn into a scary movie faster than others I believe. Your right, people do thrive in the jungle but I believe most that live in the jungle are born in or around the jungle. These people have little bits of basic jungle survival knowledge past on to them from gen to gen. The jungle is resourceful but without the right knowledge you can be eaten alive by bot flys, this to me is a serious no no.
    I'm not disagreeing with your reply I appreciate the response, you have very good points. I just had to go ahead and throw my two cents in the bucket.

My favorite place to survive is right here in my house.
    Been doing it 45 years (and that doesn't count the years I was surviving in my parents' house.)

No one ever plans to be in a life-or-death survival situation. But anyone entering into a contract with the environment, better read the fine print, and plan for whatever might happen in that particular space. If you know that you will be hiking in a jungle (or maybe even flying over one) you might want to check up on what you might find there to help you if things go toes-up.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

If you get to pick your top 3 you are not officially surviving, you are on a road trip with your family.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

This is a PG-13 forum. The language on the video went well beyond that so the link was deleted.

[QUOTE=hunter63;472488
    I try to survive everywhere I go, no matter what I'm doing.......so I don't go anywhere "To Have,... to Survive"[/QUOTE]

Well good ole uncle Sammy taught me to survive almost anywhere. Desert, mountians, artic, jungle. My best case scenario would be at our primary BOL with my wife, dogs, and group. We have a good stock of supplies, good water source, fairly easily defendable. ability to produce/ grow more food.
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    My favorite place to survive is right here in my house.
    Been doing it 45 years (and that doesn't count the years I was surviving in my parents' house.)

No one ever plans to be in a life-or-death survival situation. But anyone entering into a contract with the environment, better read the fine print, and plan for whatever might happen in that particular space. If you know that you will be hiking in a jungle (or maybe even flying over one) you might want to check up on what you might find there to help you if things go toes-up.

I second this, the generator, UPS, The two cords of wood out back... Priceless.
    “There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

My favorite place to survive would be the Playboy Mansion ?

Quote Originally Posted by pete lynch View Post
    +1 (but I'm pretty particular about where I plant my feet...!)

Hotel 7 & 3/4 I believe they will keep the light on