Thread: Cudeman Bushcraft Knife review

Default Cudeman Bushcraft Knife review

My friend gave me this knife as a birthday gift , I liked it , although it doesn't have a scandi grind (which is my favorite)
    Would I buy this ? (price: 99$ at the moment when it was bought) NO
    Would I trust my life to it ? Yes , it is quite a "bullet proof" knife, I just wouldn't buy it because I could get a better knife for that price, thats the only reason , everything else Super !
    Oh and also : it is really BEAUTIFUL !

Check out my survival youtube channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCup...cRQ3O29ZB7Ybiw

Thanks for the review, ...couldn't watch the whole vid....slow modem.

Guess I would have to ask....What knife would you buy, that is cheaper and better?

I always found it interesting on what we consider important when it's time to actually "spend" our own money.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

If I had 100$ and wanted to buy a bushcraft/survival knife and IF it is my first or second or third knife I would bought Esee 4p or maybe Izula 2 or Ontario Knife Bushcraft Field Knife , but most likely I would get Mora Bushcraft Black with fire starter and sharpener for 63$ and even had have spare money for a tarp or something else , thats if I was in kind of "semi-budget" , if I had more than 3 ,5,10 knives and if knives takes a big place in my life than why not I would deffinetly bought it.
    Check out my survival youtube channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCup...cRQ3O29ZB7Ybiw

Good looking knife. Thanks for the vid.

If I was looking a Survival knife I would get Schrade schf 9 , ka-bar bk2 , ka-bar usmc , Gerber LMF II

I'm glad you liked it ! Thank you

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

If I decided to spend $100 on a new bushcraft knife I would be on the phone to Crashdive to see what he has in his clearance box.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Banned

Good review. I'm not very familiar with them, there are so many good knives to select from out there. Cudeman is a good quality manufacturer from Spain. I like the natural handle and sheath, they seem to do a good job at that. Does this one come in both high carbon or stainless?

Yeah sheath is beautiful and also durable , same for the handle
    To tell you the truth I don't know when I received this knife I went online and read not much about the manufacturer and also read about this knife only , I haven't investigated in other options but as I remember on this knife there was no options for choosing steel. I can't say anything about other models.

I guess its a "Bushcraft" knife because the maker called it, That knife looks exactly like the Winchester that Wal-Mart brings out every year around Christmas, and to me is a hunting style knife, that profile was a hunting pattern years before they were ever dubbed Bushcraft. I'm not saying its the same quality as the Winchester just the profile, shape or design whatever term you want to use. So even though I have made 100s of knives and would consider myself to be a tad above a beginner, I still to this day do not know the difference between a "Bushcraft" knife and a general purpose hunting knife. I am willing to bet if we ask that question on the forum we would get somewhat of a different answer from most everyone? Any thoughts?
    Without counsel purposes are disappointed: but in the multitude of counsellers they are established.

s.pottscustomknives@gmail.com
    www.facebook.com/s.pottscustomknives
    http://s1248.beta.photobucket.com/us...llss7/library/

Take a "hunting knife".....add Bushcraft to the name....add $100 bucks....
    Tactical is only $50 bucks.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Banned

Good point Randallss7. I thought "bushcraft" was a fad or just a temporary rename for pioneering and many other related skill sets but it does not seem to be fading much like the "new" definition of "survival".

Perhaps one feature a bushcraft knife should have is a sharp spine to get good sparks from a firesteel, but not all have that. Several other features I could mention like knotch to strip bark, yucca an animal sinew etc. But many folks never use these features, just like lanyard to hold handle at end and get more leverage for chopping, on and on...

Quote Originally Posted by gcckoka View Post
    If I was looking a Survival knife I would get Schrade schf 9 , ka-bar bk2 , ka-bar usmc , Gerber LMF II

I'm glad you liked it ! Thank you
    Had all 3, the Schrade was a piece of crap - wouldn't hold an edge so I gave it away. The KaBar is ok but not what I would call a good all around bushcraft or survival knife. And the Gerber's handle came loose after a few trips out, you could shake it and hear the blade rattle against the handle.

Bought me an ESEE Laserstrike and can't seem to wear it out !
    Lamewolf
    Manu Forti
    Roadkill, its whats for supper !
    www.angelfire.com/electronic2/qrp

that is a "bushcraft" knife only in that any knife can be called that, and any knife beats a sharpened stick or rock.