Thread: Cowboysurvival

Default Cowboysurvival

with all that rain in s.c. has anyone heard how Cowboy is faring?
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

I have no idea who you are discussing... Can he tread water? And how long?

Honest in my lifetime I have heard hurricane rainfalls in the 12 inch range... never before have I seen anything like this, & I am paying attention... I just got back from the Bethany Beach after spending the weekend. We drove thru several closed roads, the indicator is the double yellow line, if you can see it all the way across at high tide,,, go ahead.

We have a high exhaust.
    t600-IreneBethany2.jpg
    Last edited by Wise Old Owl; 10-06-2015 at 11:35 AM.
    “There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

I forgot.. I thought Cowboy Camping was pulling up your RV into a Wally World parking lot....? (kidding)
    “There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Well, I hope he and his daughter...and horses, are doing fine.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Yeah, we are fine. Been a long week, didn't miss a beat, was at work on Monday. I took a vacation day today, to unwind a bit. We only lost power briefly. School has been canceled all week for my little girl. Water got to 3 ft. on parts of our property, but never breached the house or the well. The biggest problem is we have creeks on every road and every creek took it's bridge out. So, it is hard to get anywhere. Deer season has been canceled for 4 days until reevaluation by DNR, I agree with it fair chase and all. Through it all we are very blessed and many lost everything. We stayed off the roads hunkered down and took care of our home and animals. I had gas ready for the Genny, propane for all the camping gear. We even had 2 gallons of milk. A big thanks to the community here, it was here I first learned to be prepared. Oh, and Sunday I spent a full day in chest waders while the my daughter and her friends canoed the property. We are boiling the well water, but plan to bleach the well this weekend. It is also comforting to know that the flood plain investigation I did prior to purchasing our home was spot on! I can also tell you it gets old real quick seeing that much water come from the sky. I was getting a little frustrated as the water neared the well and it just seemed no end was in sight. We have more rain tomorrow, and are still in flood warning status as the water makes it's way from the upstate. Thanks for checking on us Randy and finallyMe. Now you know why we all drive trucks!
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

Good to hear from you.
    Thanks for the update.

That's great you avoided the worst of it.....
    Our property at "The Place" floods in the lower fields....and it's hard to believe how much water is around when it does.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Blog Entries

Glad to hear you and the family are dry.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

I figured all was well, thanks for the update
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?