Thread: Butter From Maple Seeds

Default Butter From Maple Seeds

I went out and collected a bunch of maple seeds, and am in the process of getting them out of their hulls. So I'm wondering what you can do with them. I know you can dry them and make a flour, but I'm wondering if you can pulverize them and make a sort of butter or paste out of them, and if so, what preparations do you need to do to them first? Would I want to dry/roast them first?
    Also, is there a way of telling if there may be a grub or larva inside the seed? If a seed is intact, and there's no visible holes or anything on the outside of the seed, is there a significant chance that there's some sort of creature crawling around inside, or are the odds pretty safe that it's just a seed?
    Thanks for your help?

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe
    Come to the dark side, we have pudding.

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunllama View Post
    I went out and collected a bunch of maple seeds, and am in the process of getting them out of their hulls. So I'm wondering what you can do with them. I know you can dry them and make a flour, but I'm wondering if you can pulverize them and make a sort of butter or paste out of them, and if so, what preparations do you need to do to them first? Would I want to dry/roast them first?
    Also, is there a way of telling if there may be a grub or larva inside the seed? If a seed is intact, and there's no visible holes or anything on the outside of the seed, is there a significant chance that there's some sort of creature crawling around inside, or are the odds pretty safe that it's just a seed?
    Thanks for your help?
    no holes no grubs otherwise - added protein.
    "Never work against mother nature"--Caesar Milan.