Thread: won a knife

Default won a knife

over the weekend I hung out in the woods with some fellas. Mike Stewart of BRK donated four knives as a give away. Anyhoo one of the contests was to make a slingshot and shoot at a target. There were big rubber bands and leather pouches brought by another fella. I was in rare form and won a little bark river made from a-2 steel. I lied the fella that won the longest squirrel tail won that knife. I won a knife made from elmax, he wanted to trade so I did.

For fun I thought I would try the hawk throwing contest, rare form again and it came down to me and a 13 yo kid. My shoulder started acting up and I started throwing off. It took that kid forever to stick that hawk, we took turns back and forth. Last night my shoulder was on fire. It was worth it seeing the kid win that knife, he was happy.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

Congrats......some time it's more fun to watch the younger guy win some thing.

At a BP shoot years ago...had a blanket shoot.....everyone would go down a place a prize on the blanket.
    Was a good way for people to donate knives, lanterns, leather goods, irons or what ever you wanted to advertise.

Then there were those that would just place a can of powder and $5 dollar bill...as kinda a "I'm in" entry prize.
    If you shot, you came away with something......even if it was your own prize....LOL

So this young guy, not gonna say kid, as he was acting more like a man that some of the older guys.....entered,...then when and shot his homemade rifle in the match.

Came in about 6th.......
    One of the prizes was a custom shooting box, an old timer had made.....that boy wanted that box......

As the guys went up to pick their prizes....the poor guy waited with his breath held as each one before him started reaching for that box....then picking up a can of powder.....
    Finally it was his turn.....and a cheer went up by all, as he picked up his prize....(was kinda a set up deal.

I'm sure your opponent will remember his win....as thT young man did.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Outstanding all around.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Oh, yeah, the old "My shoulder was acting up" excuse. I've used it many times. The only thing worse than a kid beating you is a woman that can stick it center square the first time she's ever thrown one. Right, Crash?

Yes sir. She seems to have the same affinity with firearms.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

(Breaking into Crash's house).

Well, there's one Florida item OFF the list.

Excellent! He will remember that for the rest of his life.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee