Thread: How to make a pot hanger

Default How to make a pot hanger

Hello everyone ! I have been for a while on this forum , but all I was doing is reading , now I decided to post a video which I made about making a bushcraft pot hanger.
    Hope you like it.

Banned

Well done bushcraft and video! Good craft for camping light with minimal gear.

When I am in a hurry and camping out of a car or large canoe I take a steel pot hanger and/or stand but when in an area that allows cutting down bush and I have the time this skill is very useful. One of many reasons I dislike state parks and prefer National Forests, WMA, and private land etc.

Thank you ! I'm glad you liked it.

Nicely done. I have used some similar to your set up and they work well.

Instead of using a stick at the end to adjust level, I just use the cross stick to hang the pot on. To adjust level, simply raise or lower the other end of the stick and tie it off. One less thing to make in the woods.
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

yes , thats another way to do it , but when I choose a hazel to cut down , I choose one which has all of the pieces needed to make the pot hanger.
    Check out my survival youtube channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCup...cRQ3O29ZB7Ybiw

Great job. You can always tell a serious outdoor person by the number of band aids they have on their fingers. I had to give you some rep for the video. Nicely done.

Yeah , I have 2 band aids there but I got both of them at home when I was sharpening a knife and watching TV at the same time that was very stupid of me
    Thank you
    Check out my survival youtube channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCup...cRQ3O29ZB7Ybiw