Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You know what? Society be damned.

Default You know what? Society be damned.

The purpose of this post is to basically ask how feasible my plan is.
    I have realized that society is not all it's cracked up to be. It's ripe with injustice and I don't really want to be part of that anymore. I could talk for hours about why I'm leaving society, but instead I'm going to talk about how, because that's really what matters. I've decided that in 2018 or 2019 myself and my closest friend (and maybe one or two more people) are going to head up to Washington state or possibly Canada and live in the woods. I know the risks, I know how we must prepare, I've been told that I will **** up and die eight hundred times, but this is the life I want, and I am willing to put the work in to achieve it. Can anyone tell me some success stories of trying this? Or not so successful stories, any feedback is good feedback. Thanks

Hunter63 saying Hey and Welcome.

Might want to just start here;....for the 801st time.
    http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...ve-in-the-Wild

Good luck on your quest.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Who's woods do you plan to live in and do you have their permission? All land is owned by someone.

If society sucks so bad why the three or four year wait?.......or is waiting until you are old enough to get a drivers license part of why it sucks?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Let me make this real simple for you. DO NOT DO IT!

I go to the woods to get away from society, the wife, the kids, the house, the job, and all the other stressors life throws at me. However, I do it for 1-7 days at a time as a mental break, clear my head, and refocus on the real tasks of life.

Good luck on whatever it is you seek.
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Blog Entries

Cool Well, since you asked...

1st, good luck with that.

2nd, why ask us since we're part of that evil society as well?

3rd, when did running away from your problems ever solve anything?

4th, If you follow through with your plans and go live in the woods you'll probably find that it already belongs to somebody else and get arrested. Then you'll, in all likelihood, find yourself in a different society altogether, one a lot worse than you're in right now.

5th, Your post is one sided as you have already laid out the parameters of the answers you'll hope to get.

6th, I'm moving your thread to the intro section......
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

You don't have to live in the woods to drop out of society. Buy a little spot of land to call your own in a remote area, where no one can evict you or tell you what to do. Be a hermit on the mountain, so to speak.

If you did what you say you'd like to do, you and your base camp WILL be raided by someone, sooner or later. Then you will REALLY feel like crap.

Buy your own land. Be your own man.
    Genius is making a way out of no way.

Banned

Welcome to WS. Please read up on as much content here and elsewhere as you can find and practice, practice, practice for several years. I spent several summers as a kid living with primitive people in the wilderness, it is very hard work. Short life expectancy. Some of them killed each other, possibility due to lack of law enforcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Who's woods do you plan to live in and do you have their permission? All land is owned by someone.
    Rick's througt's were also my very first. You need a LOT of land to live off if you will have little or no dependence on civilization so be sure you purchase or lease it properly.

Some good links here at WS to read up on. Do your due diligence. Most people from typical city/suburbs have low success rates but if you grew up on a farm you may succed. Good luck.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I still say we need a Run Off To The Woods section on the forum. This is the only constant "point of interest" that we do not have a specified place for discussion, and we have more threads begun by new members on this topic than any other. We usually do not get two or three posts per month on food, clothing, equipment, or skills, but we have at least one post each week on ROTTW.

That way we can put all these BS threads in one spot so the morons can see the consistent theme of their ramblings and realize that when they get to the woods it is going to be so crowded they will have to buy into a time share and wait their turn.

We can start the section with a sticky of the movie Peter Pan.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    That way we can put all these BS threads in one spot so the morons can see the consistent theme of their ramblings and realize that when they get to the woods it is going to be so crowded they will have to buy into a time share and wait their turn..........
    .....And best stay in Washington or Canada.
    Anyone running away to the wilderness in Alaska is required to have a TV production crew with them at all times.....

You still have to deal with society even if you ROTTW.
    When all else fails, read the directions, and beware the Chihuahuacabra!

OMG it never ends! Go to Washington and look up a guy called Mick Dodge!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    OMG it never ends! Go to Washington and look up a guy called Mick Dodge!
    He will make you wear a kilt and walk on coals barefoot.......

Quote Originally Posted by MrFixIt View Post
    You still have to deal with society even if you ROTTW.
    More accurately he will still have to deal with himself, and I suspect that is the source of his problems.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I wonder if these ROTTW fans really know how much work they will have to do and that it isn't really possible to "live off the land" without growing stuff to eat.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

Nope. Not a clue.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Hummmm...seems another drive by.....?
    Last edited by hunter63; 09-23-2015 at 11:24 PM.

glad I can speed read... don't have to ask for a few minutes.. back...

Serious.. a few MORONS post here inside the greatest country on the f'in planet. In spite of the current visiting Poppit today, we as Americans have donated more money to the poor than Europe combined. So if you don't like the USA. don't let the damn door hit you on the ***. Let's drive by this thought.... IF you don't like the USA grab your (extremest) prayer rug and fly the f out of here.

The owl has spoken.
    Last edited by Wise Old Owl; 09-23-2015 at 11:24 PM.
    “There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Aw man, we were just getting warmed up for a Troll Toss.....
    Pssst. I had a real sarcastic response as well.....but left it off....LOL

beat ya tu -it!
    “There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907