Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nubian Dairy Goats

Banned

That makes sense TAMI. I would try to buy directly from you if I was within about 30 minutes drive or went in your direction on a regular basis, but I do not. I'll PM you and see if you know anyone closer to me, it now makes more sense why y'all don't advertise as much online. I will try to line up a gallon/week starting next spring when the Does start producing, unless someone still has some available now. Unfortunately my wife and kid's only drink 1% "organic" cow's milk. Trying to explain to them the irony of skimming fat off Jersey milk, or low quality of Holstein is pointless. My Dad's friends and relatives in Canada are Dairy people, they explain it well and in frightening ways because some produce for large distributers and know how crazy it is.

We had D-Cattle and Water Buffalo in tropical Brazil just to introduce to indigenous people who lost many babies and small kids due to lack of nutrition but all the parasites there make it very difficult. Water buffalo are low production and the worst tasting milk and cheese I have ever had, even the meat tastes very bland like the dairy. Nothing good comes easily.

I trust individuals who have good quality control of their process far more than over worked and underfunded Government inspectors who are under pressure to "catch" people violating paper rules. This has been brought to our attention with Blue Bell Ice Cream (Listeria) and Peanut Corporation of America's salmonella problems. Similar to campers who have top quality water purification systems but don't use them correctly and get sick.

TXyakr......... I can tell you are down to earth in many ways. I know folks that drive an hour or more for there milk. I freeze a lot for some of these folks that like to make the trip only 1X/month.

Taking the fat out of the milk is not decent! Leaves just the milk sugar. Also makes it a lot lower in a lot other nutrients, including protein and Vitamin D3...... Oh wait...... pasteurization kills off the D3 and then "they" add D2...... which is also harder for your system!

I also find that a lot of folks who feel that they must have ultra sterilized groceries tend to get ill quicker. Same thing for folks that feel they need to live in sanitized surroundings all the time. If ones immune system gets worked on a daily basis, it tends to be healthier! <G>

Oh...... TXyakr...... you mentioned sending me a PM. If that is here within this forum, please help me through finding it upon you doing so! I am fairly new here. <GGG>

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tami/TX View Post
    Oh...... TXyakr...... you mentioned sending me a PM. If that is here within this forum, please help me through finding it upon you doing so! I am fairly new here. <GGG>
    Just click on your name "Tami/TX" highlighted in green in left hand column then "Private Messages" with icon of envelope. This is simplest method. I may be out your way soon, but next March/April more regularly. I typically go to Lake Grapevine regularly and like to drive up north of FW some but things have changed recently (flooding), not been to Denton (County) in a while. Half gallons frozen in plastic bags or something like that would be great. In winter I am fine with whatever I can get even almond milk. BTW the master gardener and 4H programs in Denton County are very good, they are common sense folks. Dallas is a bit... ha ha ha no comment.

Actually, I'm in Wise County.

we had a nubian used the milk for soap cereal coffee and cheese like that.

Tami I just bought an Oberhalsi and an Alpine. I love them! The alpine is a first fresher so we'll see... If you do get an Oberhasli, get her young. Mine is adult and did not react to the change in life well.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
    Cheer up, the worst is yet to come.

Are these among your first goats? I have had goats steady since 2002......... I have one doe that was born into the "Truckin' Blues herd in 2003.......... Yup......... She will be 13 years of age next month and born here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have gotten older goats. Yes, they do take a bit more to intergrate. At present, I am at about 50 goats....... WAIT......... Add the 8 bottle babies (well, no bucket babies.......) with probably another 20+ to come! Back in the 70's my folks bought a couple of Nubians. One was in milk. I remember how sweet her milk was for the first milking. After that....... YUCK. I know why now....... to much bitter browse! Since 2002, however, I have been drinking RAW goat milk.

If these are your first goats............ Welcome to the goat world!

Quote Originally Posted by Tootsiepop254 View Post
    Tami I just bought an Oberhalsi and an Alpine. I love them! The alpine is a first fresher so we'll see... If you do get an Oberhasli, get her young. Mine is adult and did not react to the change in life well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami/TX View Post
    Are these among your first goats? I have had goats steady since 2002......... I have one doe that was born into the "Truckin' Blues herd in 2003.......... Yup......... She will be 13 years of age next month and born here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have gotten older goats. Yes, they do take a bit more to intergrate. At present, I am at about 50 goats....... WAIT......... Add the 8 bottle babies (well, no bucket babies.......) with probably another 20+ to come! Back in the 70's my folks bought a couple of Nubians. One was in milk. I remember how sweet her milk was for the first milking. After that....... YUCK. I know why now....... to much bitter browse! Since 2002, however, I have been drinking RAW goat milk.

If these are your first goats............ Welcome to the goat world!
    Wow! 13! I had LaManchas, oh... 20 years ago? Lol I loved them! This is my first foray into official goating lol and thanks!

Cheer up, the worst is yet to come.

Heck, I was a lot older than that before I was called an old goat. 13 Pffffft.

Rick........ If I felt I could, I would hand you dunce cap and send you to the corner! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Heck, I was a lot older than that before I was called an old goat. 13 Pffffft.