Thread: Legal Advice about Firearms or anything else on Forums

Banned

Default Legal Advice about Firearms or anything else on Forums

I am NOT a lawyer or attorney but having worked with them and being friends with several this is what I understand and have read from various sources:

http://hirealawyer.findlaw.com/do-yo...al-advice.html

So basically you can repeat what you read about a law or "recite legal information" as a non-lawyer but NOT give legal advice. If you did that would be a violation of the law in most North American States and territories and Canadian Provinces and put you or the forum at risk of being sued.

Also best to list a link to the source of the "legal information" you are reciting.

Personally I just avoid that quagmire...

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Since when do you avoid it? It was less than a week ago you were giving advice on here until I recommended that you don't.
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

I'm not a lawyer but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn last night.

Who are you .......and what did you do with TXyaker?

Kinda fits under "Ya think?"
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by natertot View Post
    Since when do you avoid it? It was less than a week ago you were giving advice on here until I recommended that you don't.
    I'm confused!

Are you referring to the one about the parameters of felonious assault with a baseball bat in Wallmart

The limitations on ownership of a pipegun in either Central America or the US

The concentration percentage of pepper-spray allowed in Massachusetts

Or how much napalm one can possess within 300 feet of a school in California?
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Banned

"any non-lawyer may recite legal information." I often do that and am fairly consistent about providing links to it such as this:

The "content" on this forum would be more attractive to others if more people would also add links to the ideas and info they are citing or reciting... Just my personal opinion. Y'all are entitled to your own opinions without launching personal attacks and going negative. I appreciate ideas that are different than mine but they mean more when they have research and documentation to back them up. Preferably from qualified experts in that field. Attorneys of law in the case of legal advice on the law. Or a link to that actual law or regulation. I actually do that on a regular basis and/or say things like "get more weapons training from off duty law enforcement officers" or "ask them directly for their advice on specific self defense issues" NOT my opinion or from ANY online forum!

I have some good friends who are active duty law enforcement. I ask them many very specific question on a regular basis and thank them for it and ask them what I can do for them.

Back to trolling I see.............Oh well.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by TXyakr View Post
    "any non-lawyer may recite legal information." I often do thatReally? I couldn't tell.... and am fairly consistent about providing links to it such as this:

The "content" on this forum would be more attractive to others if more people would also add links to the ideas and info they are citing or reciting Or if there were no trolls.... ... Just my personal opinion. Y'all are entitled to your own opinions without launching personal attacks and going negative. I appreciate ideas that are different than mine but they mean more when they have research and documentation to back them up. Preferably from qualified experts in that fieldEveryone should know that all info from the internet should be taken cautiously, especially forums.. Attorneys of law in the case of legal advice on the law. Or a link to that actual law or regulation. I actually do that on a regular basis and/or say things like "get more weapons training from off duty law enforcement officers" Most law enforcement officers are not qualified to give weapons or self defense advice/info. I am sure your "expert" buddies told you that, right? or "ask them directly for their advice on specific self defense issues" NOT my opinion or from ANY online forum!

I have some good friends who are active duty law enforcement. I ask them many very specific question on a regular basis and thank them for it and ask them what I can do for them.
    I think someone needs to work on their thought process a little.......
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Here is some friendly advice ---- please use the ignore feature that is available to you.

Thank you.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel