Thread: Bug out Bag Carts?

Post Bug out Bag Carts?

Does anyone know of a good option for people that can't carry a lot of weight, or have a family that needs a lot of stuff that one person can't carry? Are there any good options like carts that any of you have personally used that you can recommend? The biggest thing here is terrain - it would need to be able to handle weight as well as be fairly portable so you could go up hills/over rocks, etc.

Have you considered bicycle carts like this one on Amazon? Type in: InStep Sync Single Bicycle Trailer, Green/Gray $80 and free shipping.
    "But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government."

~~Declaration of Independence

Hmm... those look like they might be kinda difficult to navigate. Has anyone ever used a deer cart to carry gear?

What gear are you planning on hauling?...Where?, how far?, terrain?

I have used a cart for deer, but never to haul gear.
    This subject was discussed at length, here.......You might find helpful.

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...ight=gear+cart

Have used a travois (two poles and a load of gear) dragged from time to time for a primitive camp...tent was NOT a back packing tent.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

This would be for bugging out. Some of the feedback I have gotten on the tool I created is that we should provide options for people with disabilities or families with a large amount of gear.
    Owner of eBugout.com - Create your own Custom Bug out bags

I gonna go out on a limb here.......You make and sell Bug Out Carts right?

Watching the news and the plight of all the Syrian refugees trying to Bug Out...don't see many carts...or kits or most anything other than clothes on their back and a few packs.

No, we do custom bug out bags and we have gotten some people requesting load-bearing equipment to take the weight of their pack off them. I am think deer carts might be the best option.
    Last edited by crashdive123; 09-10-2015 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Removed reference to signature

Quote Originally Posted by ebugout View Post
    No, we do custom bug out bags and we have gotten some people requesting load-bearing equipment to take the weight of their pack off them. I cant post a link as I am new here. I am think deer carts might be the best option.
    Checked out your site...looks good....and the signature is a real good place to insure you message gets into every post.

Point I'm trying to make is that most people tend to want to bring way too much stuff.....and a cart will only hinder decisions of what to pack, and when to abandon it..... unless there is a goal to go to, ......and terrain lends it self to wheeled vehicles.
    I gonna guess many people have not carried their BOB any farther than the truck.

Like I said.... I have used a deer cart, it's up in the rafters in the garage at the moment, not real sure it was worth the trouble the couple of times I used it.

I agree - people always want to bring too much stuff. We tried to focus on just the main stuff that is worth carrying. If a person cannot carry a 30 pound pack, then maybe bugging out simply isn't an option for them? They may need to bug in, hope for the best, and defend that location until the end.

My bug out plans are mostly for weather related problems, fire, flood....where home location(s) are no long an option.

Not set up for camping out and surviving off the land.

That would be a separate and additional bag(s)

Main BOB is just the same bag I pack for every trip, 7 days worth,.... with small PSK added, no food/water (life straw IS included)....including Daily Meds, cash, credit, cards, and flash drive with personnel records.

That was why I had asked... why, what, when, where.....?

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

So this was not a question at all, simply an advertisement?

This is exactly why we have the 10 post rule, and I am in favor of taking links out of the signature also!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

No, this is a legitimate question.
    Last edited by crashdive123; 09-10-2015 at 04:11 PM. Reason: removed reference to personal site

I may not have bee very clear in the PM I sent you. My apologies for that. Not only can you not put your site (or any site you have interest in) in the body of a post, but you can never direct people to your signature. I have edited the places where you did and removed one post. If you would like feedback on your website, you may want to contact the owner of this forum (bottom of the page) and pursue feedback that way. Don't know if you would be required to pay for advertising or not.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Crash,

I contacted the webmaster and I am awaiting a reply.

what about a pull type golf cart? haven't pulled one lately but pulled one many a mile in my younger days.
    A man full of grits is a man full of peace.

A golf cart isn't a bad idea - I'm just not sure if gear would pack well on it (balanced). That might make for a fun and interesting blog post on my end though - I will give it a try!

Jogging strollers, in used stores there are more of them than used cars. Literally every where you find second hand clothes for kids

With the big wheels, change them to either solid rubber tires or fill them with green slime like your kids bike

Most of them have load limits of around 100 lbs, and I recommended them when asked about small kids and moms trying to get home

Don't make this difficult by reinventing the wheel, solutions are ready made if you look outside the prepping community
    Last edited by Quietsurvivaalist; 10-18-2015 at 08:13 AM.
    Owner and writer of quietsurvivalist.com