Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: .22 lr

Update we had our 8 hour class today (son and i) we were very impressed with our instructors and class overall the 8 hours also goes towards a ccp which is a huge bonus we learned a lot and got a chance to shoot for the first time my son decided not to shoot today to many people around made him nervous i was nervous to but i managed to qualify with my 30 rounds (22 lr) 28 out of 30 rounds within the specified area at 5 ,7 and 20 yards

Sent from my LGLS660 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mattkg View Post
    Update we had our 8 hour class today (son and i) we were very impressed with our instructors and class overall the 8 hours also goes towards a ccp which is a huge bonus we learned a lot and got a chance to shoot for the first time my son decided not to shoot today to many people around made him nervous i was nervous to but i managed to qualify with my 30 rounds (22 lr) 28 out of 30 rounds within the specified area at 5 ,7 and 20 yards

Good job and congrats!
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Thank you it was definatly a good day long and a little intimidating for us but we came out on the other side much better off than we were so that is awesome we are both looking forward to learning more and new classes

Most excellent. Just remember and practice the safety rules. Always. Especially around the young ones but even alone. Nothing is more important when it comes to firearms.

I think it's great to include you son.....these is going to be something he will remember, always...........
    Good job.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Thank you

Learning and practicing together will give you both a lifetime of memories. Well done. Keep it up.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    An when you are old and single you can set all that crap up in the living room!

I do keep the wood working tools out in the shop and the sanders and grinders on the back porch, but the living room still looks like a Tandy Leather shop, two hardware stores, a LGS and half a Guitar Center blew up and landed there.
    Right now, and possibly forever, I am banned from adding any type of decoration in the living room. I do have the computer/den though.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by finallyME View Post
    Right now, and possibly forever, I am banned from adding any type of decoration in the living room. I do have the computer/den though.
    I've got my work shop and part of the office......the rest is off limits.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I am no longer allowed to cut antler buttons in the basement when DW is have a Home Interiors party....up stairs.....(they still have those?....
    That's how long ago that I was banned for antler/hair/hide tanning projects in the house.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I don't blame her for that!

That burnt antler smell is disgusting!

Smells like someone napalmed a wet dog.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Banned

Brownells had .22 WRF in stock a few days ago may still have it this can be difficult to find and is relatively expensive if you have an old rifle that requires it. I strongly recommend that you don't fire it through a modern firearm designed for .22lr the bore diameter is not exactly the same.

http://www.brownells.com/ammunition/...458-91260.aspx

Most folks don't use these older firearms for everyday target practice and small game hunting but nice to have something to shoot in them regardless. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by TXyakr; 10-08-2015 at 12:24 PM. Reason: auto correct error

Thanks for the heads up.....Last .22 wrf I saw was at a flea market.....
    Guy wanted $35 bucks per box...for this "old obsolete, don't make anymore" ammo....Which isn't really true.

Anyway, can be fired in a .22 WMR.... size wise......except they don't fit magazines very well and may not feed.

This ammo is made for the obsolete rifle and pistols that are chambered for it that will not fit a .22 lr or too short for a chamber for a .22 WMR.
    Last edited by hunter63; 10-08-2015 at 11:57 AM.