Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: .22 lr

The .308 barrel was one of the last additions before the prices going thru the moon.

The .300 cal platform already has:
    Base Handi rifle in .204 Ruger, (was looking for an SB2 receiver)............and have added a 30-30, (only one I own...LOL), 30-06, .35 Remington, .35 Whelen, and .357 barrels .
    Actually need to shoot the .357 Handi more....as I do shoot .357 pistols more than any other hand guns.

So I came up with the idea of the NATO platform.....308/.223, but had to wait till I picked up the .223 from "The Place".

I don't look activity for .22's much any more....making special trips, calling, and ordering off the web....playing more with the .45's...both APC and LC's.....

.........and all the parts are here for the .62 smooth bore flintlock pistol, "My Guy" is building for me...should be done in a couple of weeks.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I am waiting for that Hoarder show to feature some old guy who's house is packed from floor to ceiling with .22 ammo! It's going to happen, you know I'm right!!!

I don't plan on letting them film the inside of my home.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    I am waiting for that Hoarder show to feature some old guy who's house is packed from floor to ceiling with .22 ammo! It's going to happen, you know I'm right!!!
    Don't answer the door.......

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

That is about like that American Pickers show where they refer to 200 acres of rusted crap as a "collection", and the deranged fool that owns it will not let any of it go,,,,,and they understand his concerns after so many years work!

Besides, you can't "horde" guns or ammo. Everyone needs a few shotguns, and some rifles, and a few pistols and a couple of thousand rounds for each of them to keep them fed.

That's not hording!

Besides, I can stop any time I want too. I went two whole weeks without buying a gun or any ammo last month.

No, eight pounds of powder and 5k primers do not count! I needed those.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    That is about like that American Pickers show where they refer to 200 acres of rusted crap as a "collection", and the deranged fool that owns it will not let any of it go,,,,,and they understand his concerns after so many years work!

Besides, you can't "horde" guns or ammo. Everyone needs a few shotguns, and some rifles, and a few pistols and a couple of thousand rounds for each of them to keep them fed.

That's not hording!

Besides, I can stop any time I want too. I went two whole weeks without buying a gun or any ammo last month.

No, eight pounds of powder and 5k primers do not count! I needed those.
    Sure Kyrat, just keep telling yourself that buddy, you know that when your a gunaholic, the first move to the road of recovery is admitting that you have the problem..........LOL
    And now to totally change the subject! Have you watched Diggers? The guys that run all over the US with metal detectors? Those guys are the squirrelliest dudes I have ever seen!
    They get a detector hit, they dig a nice hole, they find an old musket ball, and all kind of emotional hell breaks loose and the one guy takes off running, hollering, flipping all over the ground, and calling his buddy to come look!
    It gets even worse when they find a coin...........OMG

Banned

There are two older gentlemen who sell old hard to find ammo at gun and blade shows in the DFW area. I sat down with them to eat a BBQ sandwich at a show in Fort Worth once. They said they go to estate sales and buy up obsolete ammo (not manuf in large amounts anymore) from the wives and kids of collectors who have passed away etc. They also sell some .22lr/wmr etc. or whatever seems to be a shortage of currently.

They were fairly friendly once they realized I was not some knuckle head trying to give them a hard time about their markup.

I would not call them "hoarders", but just "good old boys" using all their "free time" to do something besides driving their wives crazy sitting around watching TV and reading internet forums... ha ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    Sure Kyrat, just keep telling yourself that buddy, you know that when your a gunaholic, the first move to the road of recovery is admitting that you have the problem..........LOL
    And now to totally change the subject! Have you watched Diggers? The guys that run all over the US with metal detectors? Those guys are the squirrelliest dudes I have ever seen!
    They get a detector hit, they dig a nice hole, they find an old musket ball, and all kind of emotional hell breaks loose and the one guy takes off running, hollering, flipping all over the ground, and calling his buddy to come look!
    It gets even worse when they find a coin...........OMG
    Who said anything about wanting to recover?

It's the same as being able to quit any time I want too. I don't want too!

I chose this vice very well and have been happy with it since the age of 9.

As for the Diggers....

Sorry, I simply can not take that show. I tried when they first started and I did not make it to the first commercial before switching back to the Search for Ancient Aliens.

Did you know that the sasquatch is running recon missions for the alien overlords, keeping an eye on us from the bushes and reporting our progress from their base camp deep in the Olympic Peninsula. They have a guy named Mick Dodge working security for them, harassing campers and vandalizing RVs.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 09-16-2015 at 10:12 AM.

Did you know that the sasquatch is running recon missions for the alien overlords, keeping an eye on us from the bushes and reporting our progress from their base camp deep in the Olympic Peninsula. They have a guy named Mick Dodge working security for them, harassing campers and vandalizing RVs.
    But....... But....... But, what about Turtle Man?

Y'all watch waaaay to much telly.
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Quote Originally Posted by natertot View Post
    Shuuuuush..."Ancient Aliens...Big Foot" is on now........

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Shuuuuush..."Ancient Aliens...Big Foot" is on now........
    Lawrence Welk comes on in 30 munutes

Hey, can I help it there was only 3 channels on the TV.......
    Can still hear MF saying as we were looking at the first TV I had seen (was about 5 )......1953 Rose Bowl, Wisconsin Badgers playing, all fuzzy and fading in and out.....
    "I see it, but don't believe it"

......STILL only 3 channels on the TV ...that have anything worth watching......

Quote Originally Posted by natertot View Post
    Nope, not really.

This is what happens when you retire and run all the kids off.

Then you realize the wife is sick of listening to you repeat yourself as you walk around the house and she brings in a big box with a new flat screen and remote, signs up for the 200 channel package on direct TV and hands you a 48 pack of batteries for the remote.

You then realize how much she loves you, or how much she wants you out of her hair.

But it doesn't matter 'cause you have a new TV and all those channels!

And then you start realizing how stupid the rest of the world, or at least the part of the world in charge of TV, has gone while you were not looking.

I finally figured out that they can get away with it because most of the world does not do stuff, or read stuff, or look things up,,, they just watch TV, so they have no reference point to work from.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 09-17-2015 at 12:28 PM.

and wondering how you can have 200+ channels and there is nothing worth watching. Most of my TV watching involves killing Nazis or Japs or exploring some distant galaxy or the bottom of the ocean. If my wife body slams me and gets control of the remote I'm forced to sit through some episode of House Crashers or some other foofoo nonsense.

Week ends are DYI, HGTV, and such.....window treatments, water features and smashing the crap out of what ever is "crashed" ...What a waste!

Time for me to head out.........or nap.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    and wondering how you can have 200+ channels and there is nothing worth watching. Most of my TV watching involves killing Nazis or Japs or exploring some distant galaxy or the bottom of the ocean. If my wife body slams me and gets control of the remote I'm forced to sit through some episode of House Crashers or some other foofoo nonsense.
    That's why we have his and hers tv sets.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    That's why we have his and hers tv sets.
    Actually I do spend time in the basement "shop"...have my TV just above the Karaoke machine.....and refrigerator.
    Don't call it a "man cave"...as it was my shop for many years before that term was invented by the HGTV crowd.

Benches power tools, loading gear, leather work supplies.....tanning and antler crafts, smells like burning hair....as well as bullet casting out side.

An when you are old and single you can set all that crap up in the living room!

I do keep the wood working tools out in the shop and the sanders and grinders on the back porch, but the living room still looks like a Tandy Leather shop, two hardware stores, a LGS and half a Guitar Center blew up and landed there.

I do keep the wood working tools out in the shop and the sanders and grinders on the back porch, but the living room still looks like a Tandy Leather shop, two hardware stores, a LGS and half a Guitar Center blew up and landed there.
    Sounds like my dream home!
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten