Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: We Got Bad News and Need Your Prayers.

You speak with wisdom, Rick. We're all creatures of a day and none of us knows how much time we have. I try to look at each one- even the bad ones- as a gift. I'm grateful for each day that I have with my loved one, and try to be patient with everyone (not my strongest suit!). The urn is beautiful as is the display area. Of course, she's not really there but in your heart.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    I think they hide stuff on purpose......
    I couldn't agree more. One of many nicknames I have for Mrs. Tot is "lighting" because she never puts anything in the same spot twice!

With multiple people I know being recently effected by loss, I have taken inventory for the blessings in my life. The tot clan will continue to pray for you and your kin, Rick.
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

(FMR) Wilderness Guide pgvoutdoors's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rick - My condolences go out to you and the family. The two of you will be in my prayers, may God give you strength and comfort in your time of need.

Friends Always, PHIL
    "Just Get Out!"
    WildernessSkillsTrailhead.com

Rick I apologize for being remiss in keeping up with what's going on. Just saw the update about your wife. My wife and I send you prayers and our deepest sympathy both to you and your family.
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

Her service was yesterday. It was standing room only with folks standing outside. That's entirely a testament to how much she was loved by everyone. Folks just sort of tolerate me. Everything went as planned and I was able to fulfill her final wishes. I was really pleased how well everything went and how many folks braved the rain to join us. It was a celebration of her life not a mourning of her loss. There was some great stories that were shared and a lot of laughter. She told us laughter was mandatory and we did our best to celebrate her.

I miss her like crazy but this week I start to find out what the new normal for me is and what new adventures are in store for me. Hopefully, I can stay out of trouble. I'm running thin on folks willing to bail me out.

My thanks to all of you for you prayers, kind words and best wishes. They truly mean more to me than you can know.

Rick

Most likely you have a months worth of casserole to eat up........
    Seriously, glad you made it thru that difficult time .....be a while for a new normal....
    Just get up in the morning.......do the best you can.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Rick I don't know you but very seriously,

I will come bail you out, no questions asked. Do what you want. (PS. it is about a 9-10 hour drive so you would be stuck inside till then....)
    But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. Joshua 24:15

Hey Rick.......we could always get in touch with HoosierArcher for you if you need to be bailed out.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Bhohahahaha....That was just cruel.......
    Who's bailing who?

Very sorry for your loss Rick ...The next couple of weeks will be hell make sure you keep up with the bills and such... its tough to be two parents.
    “There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Rick, so sorry to hear for your loss, my prayers are with you and family.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I am in the process of going through my wife's things and I'm finding that my memory is not what it used to be. Jewelry that we had given each other all the way back to high school. I remember a lot of it but was that for our 20th or 15th? Which one of these did she wear at that special occasion? I don't even remember this. Am I missing anything? Some of it is a real head scratcher. May I suggest you take the time to go through things with your significant other. Maybe even make notes if you have to. Especially if you have kids that you want to have certain things. There are no show stoppers for me but I have about a thousand questions I would sure like to ask her. Do it while you can still ask those questions.

Good advice......
    MM left a book with a lists of who gets what.....on the big stuff......
    But the little personnel things are always the problem....as they get over looked easily.

The Keweenaw Peninsula of upper Michigan, about the middle of the south shore of Lake Superior

Just saw this thread, as I spent too many weeks in the hospital my self from an accident back in August. My prayers are with you and your family. I am a cancer survivor and I know the prayers others offered were a comfort. Keep your chin up and set a good role model for your children. Know that she will be waiting when you cross over.
    Geezer Squad #2

I hope you keep going one day at a time and keep being grateful for being able to enjoy each day

Oh, I do. I cherish every day. But this exile we call life is merely a very very short step on the way to our final destination. Her death is a short separation, not an ending.

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I am in the process of going through my wife's things and I'm finding that my memory is not what it used to be. Jewelry that we had given each other all the way back to high school. I remember a lot of it but was that for our 20th or 15th? Which one of these did she wear at that special occasion? I don't even remember this. Am I missing anything? Some of it is a real head scratcher. May I suggest you take the time to go through things with your significant other. Maybe even make notes if you have to. Especially if you have kids that you want to have certain things. There are no show stoppers for me but I have about a thousand questions I would sure like to ask her. Do it while you can still ask those questions.
    Yes, one of the things I miss most is that he was the only other person in the world who knew XYZ. Mostly my questions are about the places we traveled as we did a lot of that. Hey honey, were was that place that we saw the xyz? Where were we when we went on that one hike? etc. Glad her service went well and was well attended. I know that made me feel good inside.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!