Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: We Got Bad News and Need Your Prayers.

Blog Entries

My thoughts and heartfelt prayers sent winging across the water to your good lady wife, yourself and the family.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Smoke sent! I'll be thinking good thoughts. Bad news but good luck to catch it hopefully before it can spread.

Thoughts and prayers going out.

You'll both be in my thoughts and prayers as well Rick.

Rick, I am very sorry to hear of your wife's medical problems. Best wishes and prayers on the way.

S.M.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to gain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790),U.S. statesman, scientist, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife, Rick.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

We shared the news with our kids and grand kids today. For a number of reasons today was the best day to do so. We explained the situation in detail and reinforced over and over they they should not be afraid to talk about it or ask questions. We encouraged them to be very open. This is life. There are hills and sometimes mountains that we encounter and we simply face them and keep moving. The worst thing is to pretend it isn't happening. It was a good discussion. A shock to them, obviously, but we had a good dialogue. She's a strong woman with a positive outlook. She told them she had three babies without anesthesia so she was pretty sure she could handle this. The gal's got guts.

Thoughts and prayers to you guys. These things are never easy, no matter how optimistic they appear. I'm rooting for her!
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Rick
    just saw your post. You and the Mrs. are in our prayers and if it's okay with you we'll add you to the church prayer chain.
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

Of course it is and thank you.

Rick, somewhere in these posts was a comment of HOPE. There is always hope. I have been through so much in the last twelve years, before that I would have said 'no way', but here I am. I survived three heart attacks within 36 hrs, after smoking heavy for close to sixty years, survived lung cancer and so far am cancer free for three years now. A friend from church told me after the heart attacks, that God must have a plan for me yet, even through I feel lucky to be alive, and again after the cancer which I barely made it through, we just don't know.
    There is always hope, some times it's just hard to see when we are over loaded with our problems. Bottom line, keep a stiff upper lip, and every thing will come out ok.
    I still remember one evening when I was nursing my late wife, she asked me why I was being so nice to her, and I said I love you, and the wedding vows said, for better or worse. Well some times it gets a little worse, and other times it's just plain great.

Bill
    NRA Life Patron Member
    Southern Indiana Rifle and Pistol Club
    K9GDG

Every time an older person dies, its like burning a full set of encyclopedias that will never be published again. So, if you ever want to learn more of anything, just find a old tradesman and hang out with him and then when he passes on, not the full set will burn, you'll have parts of it to pass on to others.

Sorry to hear that!!

Prayers on the way

Rick,

My family will keep yours in our prayers. Wishing your wife a speedy recovery and strength to you my friend.

CS
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

You and your family have my prayers Rick.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Of course it is and thank you.
    Done.. Will make the phone calls tonight.
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

Rick prayers of healing and patience for you and your wife. Sorry I have been out of the loop to not see this until now.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Rick prayers of healing and patience for you and your wife. Sorry to hear about this.... I have been very quiet as I have been going thru the same thing with my dad since February. Cancer of the bladder. I am not well known here, but my thoughts are with you... Give it time... This is going to be an emotional roller coaster for both of you. Above all, lots of hugs, support, and keep it very positive, & remember to smile.

My dad - is in remission and still giving stuff away, very depressed after making it thru. Feel free for a sounding board, seen it all now.

Woo
    Last edited by Wise Old Owl; 09-08-2015 at 10:09 PM.
    “There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Rick, you and Mrs Rick are in my prayers also. So sorry it took me so long to add my prayers to the list. If you need anything, you know we are here for you.
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Prayers sent for you both.
    When all else fails, read the directions, and beware the Chihuahuacabra!

Prayers going out for your wife and yourself. Just remember to take care of yourself too. Running yourself ragged helps neither of you. Be strong mate.