Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: We Got Bad News and Need Your Prayers.

Thoughts and Prayers for you and your family Rick, I wish you Hope and Strength in the coming days.

(FMR) Wilderness Guide pgvoutdoors's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rick - I'm so very sorry to hear about the Mrs. health issues. I'll pray for her, you, and the family. The both of you are such great people, God bless you both.
    "Just Get Out!"
    WildernessSkillsTrailhead.com

Sorry to here that Rick. Hope everything works out. Three years ago I was told I had a tumor on my spinal cord. I had surgery and ten days later was waiting to start chemo. When the doc came in and said it was a noncancerous tumor and no chemo or radiation. What a relief. Will keep ya'll in my prayers.
    A man full of grits is a man full of peace.

You are both in my prayers and I know your support will go a long way with her recovery.

Blog Entries

I'm saddened to read this news, Rick. Take heart in knowing that medical science has made incredible advances in recent years. In the fall of 2013, I received back to back news that a family member and a very close friend had both been diagnosed with brain tumors. Each of them underwent major brain surgery, and the prognosis for both is excellent today. Hang in there, my friend. Your wife, you, and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Thoughts and prayers for you and your wife Rick. I am so glad that there is at least some good chance that she will get through this with hopefully no lasting affects!

My wife had surgery Wednesday and the news is not good. They were able to remove about 90% of the tumor. We have to wait on the pathology report on the tumor but the surgeon is sure it's a glioblastoma. That's a highly invasive form of cancer and there is no cure. We spoke with the radiation oncologist yesterday and she'll begin radiation five days a week for six weeks beginning in about two weeks. They have to wait until she's healed from the surgery. We are seeing the chemo oncologist this morning. Average life expectancy is 14.6 months. At some point they will have to stop treatment because you can only take so much chemo and radiation. At that point the tumors always return. Everyone is different. We know one person with the same diagnosis that has lived close to 5 years. So we're taking it one day at a time and hoping for the best.

Thank you all for your well wishes and your prayers. You don't know how much it is appreciated.

Sorry Rick. Y'all are on my prayer list.

Just about everyday I sit and watch the sun come up and plan my day. This morning I'm thinking about how special life really is. The way I see it, no day should be wasted. I will hope for the best outcome for your wife. You have a good bunch to help you carry the load and I am wishing you all the best.

Rick, I have no words. Just know that my heart aches for you and your family and I am praying for y'all.
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

I only just now saw this thread and am deeply saddened that you are both going through this very challenging time. You will both be in my daily prayers with good thoughts and virtual hugs sent along the way. God and medicine work in mysterious ways and may hope and trust in both sustain you and keep your spirits high.

That's not the news everyone wanted to hear....all of you are in our thoughts and prayers.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Blog Entries

I honestly don't kow what to say. But know if I could take it all away and make things better, I would in a heartbeat.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

I hope for the best outcome for your wife, you and your family

Continued prayers for your wife Rick, and you as well.
    When all else fails, read the directions, and beware the Chihuahuacabra!

Sorry to hear the news Rick. You are in my thoughts.

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

My thoughts and prayers are with you both Rick.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Blog Entries

I'm keeping you and your wife in my thoughts and prayers, Rick. If there's anything we can do to help, we're only a phone call away.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Not much I can say, but I'm watching the thread and keeping ya'll in my prayers.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

(FMR) Wilderness Guide pgvoutdoors's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So sorry to hear results like that Rick, prayers go out. One day at a time is the best way to go, may God bless you and her.
    Last edited by pgvoutdoors; 09-27-2015 at 08:07 PM. Reason: spelling
    "Just Get Out!"
    WildernessSkillsTrailhead.com