Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We Got Bad News and Need Your Prayers.

Default We Got Bad News and Need Your Prayers.

My wife had a seizure Thursday afternoon. It appeared she was having a stroke and after many hours, many tests and two hospitals we found out she has a malignant brain tumor. While bad, there is a lot of optimistic news with it. It is operable and the location of the tumor means there won't be any lasting issues from the surgery. The tumor is very near the surface in the right temporal lobe. They think it's a primary tumor meaning it didn't come from some place else. The surgeon said it would be rare if it did. However, they did a body scan yesterday just to be on the safe side. We have not received the results of the scan yet nor do we know when the surgery is scheduled but the way the were talking probably this coming week. The surgeon is nationally recognized and St. Vincents is a top rated neuro/surgical facility. So we feel pretty lucky that things are as good as they are. It could certainly be much worse. She's currently home and on steroids and anti seizure meds. All in all, doing pretty well but she obviously has a long road ahead. Once they do the surgery they will biopsy the tumor. Then they will know the exact type of cancer, the prognosis and the course of treatment she'll need. Right now we're focusing on the positive, taking it one day at a time and leaning a lot the big guy. Your thoughts and prayers would really be appreciated.

We had so many good things in the fire. She had retired in March and was approached last month to start work at another company. She was supposed to start on 9/17. I had also been approached about doing some inspection work for a contract telephone company. It's amazing how much in your life comes to a screeching halt when something like this happens. It sure puts everything else in glaring perspective. Obviously more to come and I'll keep you posted. If I'm AWOL a bit it's because I'm with her.

She and you will be in our thoughts and prayers.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

In mine also.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Wow that is indeed some heavy news.......

As we have had had to circle that wagons ourselves in the last couple of years....That's what you do....Now is when family is most important.

You all are in our thoughts a prayers.....
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

God Bless!!!
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

So sorry to hear keeping you in our thoughts

Sent from my LGLS660 using Tapatalk

Listen Chief. Got a good friend who made it through twice with prayers. Your girl is on our prayer list... Everyday.

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Oh gosh Rick, I'm so sorry. My thoughts and prayers will be with you both. We'll watch for news from you.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Rick, if you need anything let me know.

I am only a couple or three hours away with no big time consuming responsibilities or plans.

I know you probably have family to rely on but if you need me get in touch.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Blog Entries

Cool What is this?

Rick, 1st let me say that I can relate! Prayers offered up! 2nd, this is really getting bad. I just found out that a woman that started bus Driver training the same day I did passed away last night from cancer! Crazy!!! Hang in there buddy!...
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

My prayers are with you.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Thoughts and prayers, for you and her, rick.
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

You can add me to the list of people praying too, Rick. Bless you both.

Sorry to hear the news Rick. Prayers heading your way. I feel good about the outcome, as I know St Vincent's reputation.

Bill
    NRA Life Patron Member
    Southern Indiana Rifle and Pistol Club
    K9GDG

Every time an older person dies, its like burning a full set of encyclopedias that will never be published again. So, if you ever want to learn more of anything, just find a old tradesman and hang out with him and then when he passes on, not the full set will burn, you'll have parts of it to pass on to others.

Praying for your wife, you and all of your family Rick.

Best of luck Rick! Your family will be in my prayers.

Wow, what a mix of bad news - good news - bad news - good news...whew! It must've felt like a roller coaster ride.

Prayers and good wishes for your sweetie and you...and some more for Sarge and his sweetie too.

Genius is making a way out of no way.

Rick, although everyone on here is always in my prayers, I will specially mention your wife and your family. I will also put her on my world wide prayer group who pray around the clock.
    But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. Joshua 24:15

Senior Member Pennsylvania Mike's Avatar

My thoughts and prayers will be with you both.

What a great bunch of folks and community you all are. But of course we knew that already didn't we? Thank you everyone. Your support and prayers mean more than you know.