Thread: Edible plants in the UK

Default Edible plants in the UK

Hello, i know alot of the information on here relates to the States. So i was wondering if anyone has a guide or list of edible plants in the UK? Thanks

We have a few UK members that might be able to shed some light for you. In the meantime, there seems to be quite a bit of information available with "edible plants in uk" typed into Google. I understand wanting to hear it from those that have "been there, done that" but it might get you started.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

The best guide to foraging in UK is 'Food for Free' by Richard Mabey. It comes in a full size all singing all dancing version and a Collins Gem pocket size. Both are excellent with clear concise desriptions, photos and drawings, in depth descriptions on where things grow, what they look like and most importantly how to prepare and cook and what they taste like.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Since you're going to boil all the flavor and nutrition out of it anyway, does it really matter if it starts out edible?

Blog Entries

Oh we don't stop at boiling.... there's grilling, roasting, baking, frying, steaming, wrapping in ham, no scratch that, wrapping in Bacon and if all else fails, I suppose we could eat it raw. But then I suppose it would all depend on what it was that was foraged.
    Last edited by Winnie; 09-03-2015 at 03:30 PM.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Thanks for the replys i'll check that book out winnie!