Thread: Natural Trap solvents and dyes

Default Natural Trap solvents and dyes

Looking for some knowledge from experienced trappers on using natural items for cleaning and dying traps.

I have heard that using Pine boughs and Walnut Husk are a way to go. I have also heard to never use evergreen boughs because they smell to strongly.

Anything helps.
    ----NSFH

Proverbs 28:4-5 KJV
    4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked: but such as keep the law contend with them.
    5 Evil men understand not judgment: but they that seek the Lord understand all things.

You can't beat walnut husks for natural dye. I usually use logwood dye though.

here's my trap boiler

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

Thanks Randyt! We have a handful of barrels laying around, think I'll cut one of those boilers out of a couple.
    What are your choice traps for yotes, bobcat, and fox?
    Are you allowed to use conibears where your at?

I read yesterday that Oak Bark will do the trick. I have an abundance of Oak so I'm gonna try that.
    ----NSFH

Proverbs 28:4-5 KJV
    4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked: but such as keep the law contend with them.
    5 Evil men understand not judgment: but they that seek the Lord understand all things.

I use number three double coil springs for coyotes and bobcats. There's not many fox here in my area, if there were I would probably use 1.75 double coils sor number 2 double long springs. . Conibears are allowed but nothing larger than a 220 on dry ground. The exception is a coon bucket which is a 5 gallon pain with slits down the side for the springs and then a 6 inch hole cut in the lid. The bucket is laid on its side.

I use 330s in the water

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?