Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Medical update.

I can't fathom what you are going through. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family. Hang in there, fighter.
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Sarge so sorry to hear keeping you in my thoughts do you have a link for your account?

Sent from my LGLS660 using Tapatalk

I don't mind using Medicaid. The original purpose was to provide a continued health to the end of life for American citizens. After 60 (and for sometime before), it's almost impossible for older people in America to get work that will provide a sustainable income. Medicaid covers a lot.

Just keep in mind that a lump is a lump until it's identified as something else. In my physiology class I was told that it's very common in autopsies to find all kind of unsuspected tumors in people. Cancer, even if that is what it is, isn't usually the death certificate that it used to be. Regardless of what it is, don't let it get you down. State of mind is one of the most important factors in dealing with cancers. Keep in mind what Mark Twain said, “Worrying is like paying a debt you don't owe.” Also, "I have spent most of my time worrying about things that have never happened."
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattkg View Post
    Sarge so sorry to hear keeping you in my thoughts do you have a link for your account?

He can't post a link to it unless he puts it in the for sale section or adds it as part of his signature.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Ok thanks id like to help out a bit

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Obamacare is only the forced purchase of private insurance and applies only to those under 65 years of age. It is not free medical care, never was.
    That's not wholly accurate; the big thing for consumers is that it works both ways. It forces insurers to cover people it would rather not (ie. sick people ). It also compels them to spend your premiums on actual health care instead of yachts and private jets for their CEOs. I have some family that are probably alive to because the ACA forced insurers to cover them.

Part of a successful Go fund me campaign is getting the word out. Some folks will see it at their site but it important to find places to spread the word. I hope you can get a link set up here somewhere.

Praying that the biopsy is negative Sarge, and the stones are easily taken care of, and the blood clot is dissolved with no lasting ill effects.
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Aye, Phaedrus. It's become rather popular to demonize Obama and his ideas (and I see plenty there to work with without inventing new things), but I've read a lot of the founders of the US and people who inspired them (Tom Payne, Adam Smith, etc.) and one thing that stands out is that, although they valued liberty, they didn't trust humans with total liberty. If you give the average person the ability to do anything they want to do, they will run roughshod over everyone else's liberties, so deregulation was not in their plans. They envisioned a country where everyone had the optimal abilities to pursue life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness (to them, that was property). Too many people who gather power to themselves are only too happy to deprive everyone else of their life, liberty, and or pursuit of happiness if it served to edge them a little further up the road to power. Another problem that they understood very well was that, if you don't build a conscience into a corporation (either business or social) then that corporation will not have a conscience and it will mindlessly run roughshod over everyone's liberties. So, what do you do? and I'm echoing the founders. You regulate those concerns that have to do with the citizen's life (such as medical organizations), liberty, and the pursuit of happiness (dare I say, the banks?).

So, the solution is certainly not obvious, but I don't fault government leaders for trying to find one.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Prayers sent Sarge.

Blog Entries

Cool Thanks to the DOC!

Thanks to the WSF DOC for the beautiful Crashblade knife! It's a work of art for sure. It never ceases to amaze me as to the quality of craftsmen that are members of this forum! I'll carry this with pride! Thanks Crash!......
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

You guys can squeal and giggle over Obamacare all you like, and if it was a benefit to you I suppose that is great.

In my case the "protection" of not being able to dismiss previous illnesses caused the insurance I already had to be raised to the point that it cost 1/2 of my income.

I was forced to drop my coverage. No there were no subsidies for me, no free insurance and no help. I was one of those suckers that worked enough to be on the wrong side of the bar graft.

In return for my "negligence to society" I was then fined $200 for not having the insurance I could not possibly afford last year!

I am really glad it worked out for each of those that benefitted from the shafting but in my case I wound up uninsured for a year, then fined.

I am now 65 and on Medicare, which I have been paying for since I was 12, so I don't really give a crap, except for the fact that I do not like to be peed on and told it is raining.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

I don't think Obamacare worked very well - especially in the early days. But I also know that professional positions are becoming more about making lots of money than about helping people. Insurance and banking organizations can't be trusted with others well-being. My bank (which bought out my previous bank) was on the Google top 10 list of the least trusted businesses in America last year, and I'm stuck with them until I can get out from under a credit card. Although I don't agree with the specific program, I can't fault people for trying.

I've been studying the regional council in this area (DRCOG) as part of my continuing education hobby. They have a committed drive to provide for older adults and to keeping cost of living down in the Denver area. I'm sure they get a lot of blame for how poorly elders are treated and how housing costs are continuously increasing. But what can you do with greedy, opportunistic land-owners and banks, and negligent elder care organizations that care more about stockholders and cushy jobs than they care about he people they're supposed to be serving.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    Thanks to the WSF DOC for the beautiful Crashblade knife! It's a work of art for sure. It never ceases to amaze me as to the quality of craftsmen that are members of this forum! I'll carry this with pride! Thanks Crash!......
    Glad it arrived safely. DOC figured it was about time for you to retire your BG knife and get a real one. Use it in good health. Ourt thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Cool Well now...

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Glad it arrived safely. DOC figured it was about time for you to retire your BG knife and get a real one. Use it in good health. Ourt thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Note: It's not a BG knife, it's a Gerber knife, but yours is a lot better!...
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Good luck Sarge! Thoughts and prayers coming your way!!

Sorry to hear you are ailing. Hope everything works out. How can I find your fundy thing?
    A man full of grits is a man full of peace.

Yes will someone please send me the link by private massage or whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(FMR) Wilderness Guide pgvoutdoors's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My prayers go out to you Sarge and I hope you're back on your feet soon.
    "Just Get Out!"
    WildernessSkillsTrailhead.com

Just a note to the other guys here, I can understand a little thread drift, if I was in Sarge's shoes, with a blown up leg and barely able to walk to the bathroom. The last thing I would want to read is discussions of the "C" word or about the merits of Medicare or the unbelievable disaster of incompetent Obamacare. People died because of this new law. Doctor's took early retirement, or quit.

It's IMO not a place for polotics - and best to start a separate thread in the other part of the forum.
    “There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

The six posts before yours over the last few days were on topic. You brought politics back to the forefront.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel