Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phone Being Disconnected - Need Help

Default Phone Being Disconnected - Need Help

Our new members won't know this guy but the old timer's sure will. Lemme see if I can get this straight. He's a Marine Corps vet, officer, sniper, that isn't allowed veteran benefits after being wounded in Grenada by a grenade. He's chronically unemployed but a trained chef. His house was robbed but they didn't take any of his custom made bows. He participated in the Christmas exchange but never sent a gift. He even PM'd other members asking for money. Hoosierarcher is a legend in his own mind. It's a long one but around 9:20 he starts talking about his phone being shut off and to raise money he's selling a knife that he made that is 90% complete. Hey, gotta have a phone for those job interviews. Enjoy!

Blog Entries

Good lord! There's a blast from the past shameless as ever, I see! Obviusly he's gone up in the world, or he's got a blardy big car, as that was where he was supposed to be living before he was banned.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Oh geez, Rick called ME an oldtimer. I forget what all he did. I know he wasn't the guy who would be swallowed by an anaconda though.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

Wow, I classify as an old timer?????

He reached the height of his shananigans about 4 Mos after I joined causing him to be banned. Still at it, I see.....
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

I'll bet that's the same CS Bushman that was sent by Rick when DOC (before we caught on to him) sent him a gift certificate to Rick's on-line store. Then all he did was crap about not liking what he selected.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I did receive some PM's about posting the vid since he's banned from here. Just to clarify, my concern is not to poke fun at him, although that's easy enough to do, but to fore warn those that might not know him that he is a scammer. Begging money and selling things he never sends are two of his many scams. He is known everywhere as Hoosierarcher.

Oh man. I'm not stepping into this pile...

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Hey, who was it that didn't get a gift in the Christmas exchange? Are they still a member here? I'll send them some salmon.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

This kills me. Kills me. I want to raise my hand so bad. I really do. But I think it was Crash. It ain't fair I tell ya!

Lol. Crash?

Yep - it was me.

And he had the nerve, when this was brought to his attention (without saying it was me) to indignantly profess that it was HIM that never received the gift. I still had the PO delivery receipt.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I have seen him posting other places, seemingly alive and well, and still buying a reviewing gear....maybe just NOT buy something, and pay the phone bill?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Priorities. What a novel concept.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Hey guys,, I am not sure what to say. I don't know the guy, don't mind treading in dog poo once in a while...I just keep hiking and if I stepped in it so be it. I drive Philadelphia every other day. Up till about a month ago... folks are setting up tables and chairs in broken neighborhoods and signing up millions of people for free cell phones, not on our tax dollar, but on our monthly bills! Its an FCC requirement going back to the 70's that the poor have the ability to dial 911 or the police. He can fix this himself and keep his knives. If you have questions feel free to ask I looked this all up several times.

http://www.obamaphone.com/obama-phone-eligibility
    “There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

I got stiffed in the Christmas exchange too. But, not by Hoosierarcher.

I did get screwed by him. He sold me a bow and I had to send him extra money for shipping hat wasn't agreed on and it took him forever and me threatening posting our exchange before he shipped it. And then it was a piece of crap.

But, that is life.

WOO - It's not exactly free but you do pay for it. It's billed through the Universal Service Fund. It's generally labeled USF on your bill if it's not spelled out. The government provides a $9.25 discount on cellular or land line bills (not both) to folks meeting a pretty broad range of criteria. It's called the Lifeline Program. If you Google it you'll get a ton of hits. The idea behind it is sound but I don't know how well it works. The idea is to provide low income folks with the ability to access job markets, health care services and emergency services. I'm sure some use it for that but my guess is it's just another give away for most.

The requirement for phones to dial 911 has been around for quite a while. Something to consider, if you are changing phones, upgrading, etc. then you might consider providing your old phone to a women's shelter. The women can use those phones to dial 911 in case the "man" of the family is a threat. Who knows, you might even save a life.

Yes, the Lifeline phones are a very important tool for many of my clients. They actually are more then $1, but even at $5 a month, most of my clients can afford them. Also several of them have used the phones people have donated to the shelter for emergency use. If you are in a domestic violence situation, one of the first things the perpetrator does is take control of the finances and isolate the victim, hence, no phone to call for help.

Crash, PM me your address.

Ah, ol' Hoosier! He was a professional sad-sack. His life seems to be one crisis after another. I felt sorry for him before I figured out that he was a serial scammer.

The one I still to this day feel sorry for is Oldsoldier. He had to transport Hoosierarcher to and from the first Jamboree due to "car troubles". He is a chatty fella with some tall stories.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Oh my gosh! Time to crank up the road trip music!