Thread: Duck Owners?

Default Duck Owners?

Are there any duck owners here who raise ducks for their eggs or meat? If so, feel welcome to post about all your ducks and what types they are! I myself don't have any ducks, but I partially raised a wild mallard duckling and I know all about raising domestic ducks. I plan on getting getting some Campbells, Indian Runners, and Rouens in the near future to use for eggs.
    ~A weed is a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered.~

I never have raised ducks but have raised chickens and this year I have guineas and a tom turkey who thinks he's a guinea.

I have a friend who had 3 ducks huey, duey, and louie. I only met the last one, but I think it was duey? Anyway it would answer to his call, like a dog. He's holler DUEEEY and in a second quack quack quack quack. It was kinda cool. lol

We have muscoveys. Amazing omelets!

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
    Cheer up, the worst is yet to come.

ducks are more amazing at laying eggs and delivering meat. I have raised 30 ducks and 30 chickens together without a pond... life is good.
    “There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

I like to slip duck eggs under broody hens. The reaction of the hen when her " little chick " goes for a swim is something to watch .