Thread: Florida folks INCOMING

Default Florida folks INCOMING

So Crash and all the Florida brethren. I realize that the Indian Territory is a ways from y'all but if you need a rally point my place is available. I have plenty of room for tents, camper trailers and RVs. Just sayin' I am a long day from Pensacola (about 14 road hours) but my freezer is full! we can cook out, shoot gongs and pretend it is a jamboree! Of course it is hot and humid and we have lots of chiggers, ticks and other assorted varmints.
    Last edited by DSJohnson; 08-27-2015 at 08:39 PM.

I have no idea what you are talking about... folks leaving Florida over a little storm? How about I drive up with a case of beer? Get the campfire going.
    “There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    I have no idea what you are talking about... folks leaving Florida over a little storm? How about I drive up with a case of beer? Get the campfire going.
    Done! Sounds like an excellent plan to me!

Thanks for the offer. Looks like a little wind and rain so far. Some forecasts have it moving further east. We pretty much stay ready year round with a few top offs and a little battening down the hatches before major winds arrive.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Thanks for the offer. Looks like a little wind and rain so far. Some forecasts have it moving further east. We pretty much stay ready year round with a few top offs and a little battening down the hatches before major winds arrive.
    I kind'a figured that, to be honest. I doubt that very many here would be caught unaware but it could be a valid reason for a road trip!

Quote Originally Posted by DSJohnson View Post
    I kind'a figured that, to be honest. I doubt that very many here would be caught unaware but it could be a valid reason for a road trip!
    Party......?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Party......?
    You bet! I will even make some Apple pie just to make you feel at home around the fire Hunter.

Wow, if I ever need to evacuate SW, I'll give a shout out.
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Quote Originally Posted by natertot View Post
    Wow, if I ever need to evacuate SW, I'll give a shout out.
    I would be real hurt if you didn't!

I'm waxing down my surfboard. Preps are done. Between 2 of us we can run everyone's freezers on the block. Bin there, done that.

You bet! I will even make some Apple pie just to make you feel at home around the fire Hunter.

Yeah, Thanks...I think...Been to the mountain and seen the elephant, a few times.....Whoooof.
    Bhohahahaha

Hunter,
    In the fall of 1983 myself and another lad drove 14 hours straight to get to camp out in the Rocky Mountains with 7 or 8 other folks. I was so excited. I had just finished hand sewing my first set of buckskin britches and had my kit pretty much together (at least I thought I did, silly child). Anyway we get pretty close to where it is and park our pickup and grab our gear and set out for the camp! Shinin' Times Ahead!!! We got into camp around 4 or so in the evening and there were about 10 or so other men there. We threw down our bed rolls and shook hands around. I only knew one gentleman (The guy who had invited me) so Tim, the fella I had talked into coming up there with me and I were the "strangers" in the camp. That was Friday afternoon, by Saturday evening there were almost 40 folks in camp. That evening as we sat around the fire talkin' about trappin' beaver, livin' in the wilderness, guns, horses and women several jugs were passed around the fire. I felt compelled to be sociable and sample each and every one of course. I learned many things that trip, among them, one of the more enduring lessons I learned is that I DO NOT have to be sociable at all. I almost never ever take a drink from a jug any more no matter who passes it to me. I mean, I love whiskey, I do but man, can people think up some really strange ways to make Everclear seem more better.

I kind'a figured that would get a rise out of ya'!!

Just keep your lips closed when that jugs come around.....or you will be looking for a tall weed...to hang on to...to keep from falling of the face of the earth....
    Sometimes gravity and Everclear don't mix.....

On yeah, I hear ya.

I would be real hurt if you didn't!
    Duly noted and added to the evac plan!
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten