Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Exploring my New Property

Chestnut/horse chestnut/buckeye
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

There was one buckeye tree marked as well, so I was in the wrong place on the map.

Save some and give then away to friends for sore hands.

They seem to work(?), but I think a lot of it is more just belief and the fact that when you play with it, keeps your hands moving....stiffness seems to relieved?....

Helps if you give them a line about the Old Medicine Women in the cave that said the incantation over it....LOL.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I finally found some actual wild ginseng on my property. I'm sure of the ID this time, even found a little red berry.

I also found some wild onions... and what I think are ramps. I'm not 100%. They look like ramps (wild leeks), they were growing in the right sort of place, but.... the "bulb" portion wasn't as "bulby", some, not all, but some pictures I've seen show a bit of a burgundy flush to the stem, and most concerning is that supposedly they're usually not around come Fall, the leaves die back in late Spring. So... I'm confused. Ramps often get confused with deadly lily of the valley, but I also fairly sure these aren't that as the leaf arrangement was way wrong.

Mine didn't so much look like this:
    http://eatdrinktc.com/wp-content/upl...llow-Farms.jpg

but did totally look like this:
    http://www.wildmanstevebrill.com/JPE...hole.Photo.jpg

both are ramps, I guess. But this is obviously Fall, not Spring, and everyone says you can't find them in Fall.
    Attached Images Attached Images

What do they smell like?....stuff from the wild onion/leaks ramps/chives families..... all seemed to have the onion smell.
    I have Lilies of the Valley in the yard (domestic)....and have all died back in like August?.....and have no smell.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Very cool, congrats.