Thread: Marines in France stop gunman on train

Default Marines in France stop gunman on train

The news stories are saying two US Marines stopped a terrorist attack on a train in France.
    Heard the guy loading a rifle in the toilet compartment and confronted him when he came out.
    Three people were wounded. One Marine is reported seriously injured.
    Thoughts and prayers are with him.
    http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...-2-u-s-marines
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

It's never going to stop. Fanatics have reached a new level of lunacy. I'm glad the Marines were on board and alert to his intentions. I've read the Marine's injuries were not life threatening. I certainly hope that's true. I hope he recovers quickly.

Banned

I hope all the victims survive and recover well. Excellent that they were aware of their surroundings and acted fast and courageously.

It is well know by international law enforcement that Amsterdam has had many organized crime groups operating there for over 100 years. The Moroccan crime groups smuggle automatic firearms which makes it challenging when few private citizens can legally carry a firearm of any type especially a handgun. Brussels and Antwerp, Belgium are safer and have good chocolate IMO. My Belgium colleagues have many good jokes about the Dutch but not appropriate to mention here.

Edit: Europe under pressure by Migrants
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34014353
    Last edited by TXyakr; 08-21-2015 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Thousands entering Europe by force

Wow - Semper Fi!
    “There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

God bless the USMC!

God Bless America and our Military men and women

FOX news interviewed the heros, look it up

I guess it doesn't matter....when some one need to stand tall....couldn't do much better than the USMC.
    Well done, men.......Hoo-rah
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

A slight correction. The Americans were not U.S. Marines. One was U.S. Air Force and the other was Army National Guard who had serve in Afghanistan. The third man was a U.S. student.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/2015...be2fb37d9.html

No matter which military branch, the Americans courageously stood tall and stopped what quite obviously would have been an extremely bad situation.

S.M.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to gain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790),U.S. statesman, scientist, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

We should be proud that three Americans stand up and help when needed - they are not the Ugly American

Quote Originally Posted by Seniorman View Post
    The Americans were not U.S. Marines.
    That much should have been obvious; there was still a train left afterward.

Banned

Not much humor in such a horrific and terrifying event but I did notice that the Englishman found a good use for his neck tie and it was use to hog tie the terrorist. Well done for the folks from the UK that deserves a gold metal. I might reconsider wearing a neck tie in the heat of the summer now... Heck NO!!!

Well done! Talk about the right men being in the right place at the right time!

Quote Originally Posted by TXyakr View Post
    Not much humor in such a horrific and terrifying event but I did notice that the Englishman found a good use for his neck tie and it was use to hog tie the terrorist.
    On the contrary, even though there were injuries, I'd say this victory over evil is a cause for celebration in any form.

I might reconsider wearing a neck tie in the heat of the summer now... Heck NO!!!
    I'd stick with 550 boot laces...except that I rarely wear boots with laces for everyday wear. Might go back to stitching coils of 80lb SpiderWire Stealth braided line into my pants hems, though. (Surprised none of the Dude You're Screwed guys ever thought of that. 10-20 feet of disproportionately strong cordage can make a huge difference when you have very little equipment. Heck of a good snare or lashing cord.)

This is just one more fool who's name needs to be forgotten...after he receives a fair trial and is hung, of course.

The breaking news was wrong. Go figure.
    Still, a pretty awesome story.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant