Thread: Amazon Jungle Survival Vid

Cool Amazon Jungle Survival Vid

Hi I am new to the forum so thought I would introduce myself by posting this video I made. I don't pretend to be an expert o survival and I had to have a native accompany me or I would have died in the amazon. I enjoy learning about primitive survival skills. We did have machetes and mosquito nets with us which aren't exactly primitive, but that was all and we managed to survive for 4 days quite comfortably.

At one point we encountered a herd of peccary and i stalked them and was within firing distance but the indio wouldn't allow me to fire the bow at them for conservation reasons so i only ate fish for 4 days. We saw monkeys also, but there is no way I could have hit them with an arrow as the canopy is too high

Blog Entries

Cool Howdy from Sarge!

Quote Originally Posted by Survive the Jive View Post
    Hi I am new to the forum so thought I would introduce myself by posting this video I made. I don't pretend to be an expert o survival and I had to have a native accompany me or I would have died in the amazon. I enjoy learning about primitive survival skills. We did have machetes and mosquito nets with us which aren't exactly primitive, but that was all and we managed to survive for 4 days quite comfortably.

At one point we encountered a herd of peccary and i stalked them and was within firing distance but the indio wouldn't allow me to fire the bow at them for conservation reasons so i only ate fish for 4 days. We saw monkeys also, but there is no way I could have hit them with an arrow as the canopy is too high

Welcome aboard.

1st: you'll notice that i moved this thread to the introduction section where it rightfully belongs.

2nd: Your video failed to post, probably because you haven't completed the right amount of posts 1st before it'll let you.

3rd: To do a proper intro you should use this page and just cut and paste your answers, that's the best way: http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...r-Introduction

This way we know who we're communicating with....
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Hunter63 saying Hey and Welcome.....
    Vid works for me....?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Welcome home.

Hello and welcome.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

So what is it: do you need 10 posts before you can do videos or only if they are not very interesting anyway? And have annoying background noise or maybe that's music?
    Wilderness Survival:
    Surviving a temporary situation where you're lost in the wilderness

Senior Member Pennsylvania Mike's Avatar

Hello and welcome from Virginia.

Thanks for showing a little bit of the Amazon region. My very limited experience has been in Pacific island rainforests, but some of the vegetation and climate seems similar. To us, it may be survival, but the local people consider it everyday living.
    Madidi National Park in Bolivia must be interesting.
    Last edited by Faiaoga; 08-18-2015 at 08:36 PM.

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome from GA!
    When all else fails, read the directions, and beware the Chihuahuacabra!

Banned

Default Fun camping trip in the Amazon!

Wecome. Good video exept I prefer sounds of rain forest over dubbed in whatever that was. Paying a local guide is an excellent choice! You experience there appeared to be very good and you learned a lot. I ate a lot of catfish in the Amazon but my favorite meat was peccary, one of best wild game ever, right up there with Elk and Axis Deer but I know some people who don't like it so no guarantee you would have. I have chased squirrel monkeys with no luck better to lure them down with something they are curious about, but they don't taste good, and they stink worse than most monkeys. Also I have caught very small juvenile peccary taken them back to village where they followed us around after a few days. A dwindling resouse these days.

Thanks for sharing your experience. There is a good youtube video on improvised bamboo cooking containers at rambo outfitters channel. But large bamboo is not widely available across most of North America.
    Last edited by TXyakr; 08-19-2015 at 05:18 PM.

Thanks everyone for your kind welcomes