Thread: Water Bottle Holder Kits

Default Water Bottle Holder Kits

Hi Everyone.

I think its a quick and easy sort of question, but with the 10x4 and 12x5 water bottle holders being pretty expensive here in the UK and them not being as popular in the UK as in the USA and other countries, are they a good investment?

That was a long sentence!! Lol!

Anyway, I have watched some videos on YT and they look good quality and obviously for carrying what they were designed for, very useful, but what about other uses?

After all, essentially they are a pouch and can be used to carry anything that fits, so what else do people carry in them?

Survival kits and other gear?

The cost for these two pouches made by Maxped are £41 and £52 so as you can see its an investment that would have to be worth while so any information on its usefulness etc will help make a decision.

Many thanks in advance!

John

I like Maxpedition gear. It is on the pricey side, but I have yet to wear out or damage any of it. As far as the water bottle carriers go - I have the larger one and use from time to time. It is good for either a belt carry if you are going lite or as an added carrier to a pack. Mine was a gift. I do not use it enough to recommend spending that much money on it though. If it is something that will get a lot of use - you will not be disappointed. If it won't see much use then avoid it.

Another option is to make one yourself to find out if it is something you like before you invest a lot of money into it. Of course that also depends on how valuable your time is.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Y'all are gonna have to let me know how that works for you.....
    I wouldn't spend that kind of money on a water bottle holder unless it was magic and self filling. .....or came filled with a bottle of 50 years old scotch.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

A homemade one, like Crash suggested, is definitely what I would recommend. I can't see spending all that money on a water bottle pouch unless you use a lot. Or the pouch was full of gold...

Look for the Rothco water bottle pouch. It's built on the same design and at a fraction of the cost. About $17 U.S. Condor also makes one in the same price range. I rarely use a water bottle so I don't have one. About the only time I do carry them is on my backpack and it has pouches for them. The rest of the time I carry a canteen.

Have you considered the Crusader System? You could have the entire system for about the same price as the bottle pouch.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/CN004S-Crusa.../dp/B004VZES3K

Or less....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nk...cooking&crdt=0

Thanks for the advice!

I Found a Condor WB pouch for £20 so half the price of the Maxpedition so Ive ordered one of those to try it out and see if I like it.

Even if I don't use it for a water bottle, I can still use it fir my spotting scope or camera zoom lens! (yep one of those old cameras that have film in the back!!)

If anyone finds the self filling version with Whisky, Please let me know! Haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Tristar777 View Post
    If anyone finds the self filling version with Whisky, Please let me know! Haha!
    Everyone needs a quest........Right?
    Let us know how you like the Condor.

if you all are speaking of the condor nalgene waqter bottle carrier.
    i suggest you think out side the box i have 3 and have refitted the to cakky
    a cook set the main pouch holds a stanley s/s cook pot. to conserve space
    i fill the cook pot with tea,coffee,spices and bullion.
    on tp of that i keep a stanley s/s coffee mug in side that a pack of smokes.
    the outside pouch is where i put my firestarter kit and more smokes.

Just a FYI......
    Have been looking for a bottle holder for a 3 day pack I have been playing with....
    Found one at Brownells ....I thought was a good price....$16.99
    Went to check out and saw the shipping was $15.95....and that doesn't include tax yet.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/Store/Cart.aspx

Thought it was a lot....so called them and asked why it was so high?
    She said, it has to go UPS or another private carrier.
    Distance is 317 miles.
    I told her I thought it was too much...and got a "Well, too bad, that the way it is"

Did have a good time with the Customer Satisfaction Survey" call back.

Ordered a different version from some one else.

Guess I'm getting old...but that was just too much.
    Last edited by hunter63; 08-27-2015 at 11:30 AM. Reason: added link

Ups shipping from Joliet, il to billings, MT (1,234 miles) on a 14 pound pc is $15.41. They are padding their costs.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk