Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: TV series. Christian survivalists wanted for new TV series.

There are two glaring errors in that statement. First, hardly anyone, except me, is as old as you. Second, no one, and I do mean no one, is like you. Broken mold and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    If you have made it through everything that real life has thrown at you, and you still believe in the Lord and maintain your faith, why on earth do these bozos think climbing a mountain, walking a valley or sleeping under a tarp will be a "test" for you?
    No cell phone, no email, only one other person to deal with. Still get paid. Sounds like a nice vacation to me.

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Look at it this way DS, You are an old coot like me.

If you have made it through everything that real life has thrown at you, and you still believe in the Lord and maintain your faith, why on earth do these bozos think climbing a mountain, walking a valley or sleeping under a tarp will be a "test" for you?
    Ky that is almost exactly what I told them in my written response. Here is part of it:

[I]"How would I describe the strength of my faith"? Interesting way to phrase the question. I learned a long time ago that God is in control. Period. As an EMT and firefighter, I often have had to deal with death and life changing injury. I have held teenagers in my arms as they died. I have helped take bodies out of buildings and vehicles. I have got to help a young mother have her first child and I have done CPR on people whom I have known all my life. In all that I have come to believe and trust that God's ways are better than any plan or idea I have or can think of.
    I am an Elder in my small church, which I have attended and been a member of since 1980. I facilitate the Wednesday Adult bible study and teach the Adult Sunday School class. I believe that Jesus Christ is my risen Savior and that I shall spend eternity with him. I believe He is alive and sitting at the right hand of God. I have gotten to "conduct" weddings, and "do" funerals. I have helped with communion and baptism. I am a member of Christian Life IPHC in Pauls Valley, Ok. My Pastor's name is @#$%^ $%^&*(. His phone number is ### ### #$%^. Ask him. Oh, yes, I almost forgot, I was born into a very devout Roman Catholic family and attended catechism from the age of 3. I had my first confession, first communion, and confirmation. I was an altar boy for 7 years.
    Somewhere about the age of 17 I discovered girls, guns and cars and no longer felt the need for God in my life. Also as I am sure you know it is kind'a cool and liberating to just decide that God does not really exist.

I can send you my resume if you want. I doubt that I am what you are looking for. My faith is rock solid and I love camping but I cannot imagine a scenario you can create that is going to intentionally be able to challenge my faith. I may not be able to cross a mountain range or find drinking water or build a fire in the time that "wins" but that has nothing to do with my faith in my Savior."

I am thinking that God will either open this door or shut it. either way it has been kind of interesting so far.

Banned

I would not be overly concerned about age as long as you are healthy and have a good attitude and are spiritually grounded. Moses was about 40 years old when he climbed up Mount Sinai (7,497 feet at peak today) to get instructions. Then he led a large group of complainers for another 40 years in that Sinai wilderness. So being somewhere between 40 and 80 and hiking through rugged terrain in the western USA without a few thousand people gripping at you should be somewhat easier than what Moses went through (less than 40 years, perhaps 1-2 months?). Also Moses was not one satellite phone call away from a medical helicopter, he just had a shepherd's staff and his faith in God.

I'm good with that challenge, just not for 40 years or with thousands or people gripping about me about bitter water and how bland the food that falls from heaven is, and how they miss the herbs they had when living under slavery in Egypt (horrible boss).

Or live like John the B and eat bugs or Jonah and live under a vine, Elijah in a cave. Many folks lived in the wilderness under difficult circumstances in the Judeo-Christian Bible.

Might be best to not use Biblical references as to age and living conditions......
    Although I might agree that.......
    <Quote
    What was Moses' secret ? Well, he got plenty of exercise and he ate a lot of leafy greens which, as we all know, are high in something or other. Yup. The Moses Guide to Living a Long Damn Time, available at a book store near you.
    <Quote.
    https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...1121508AANiMiX
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Check out the top 6 call tracking services to use in 2023. Enhance SPAM with these valuable tools.

It's sad to see such interesrting topics get invaded by spammers. Don't they have something better to do?
    I own some stuff, and I know some things. But that's all.

Not when you live in mom's basement.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.