Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TV series. Christian survivalists wanted for new TV series.

Default TV series. Christian survivalists wanted for new TV series.

Hi,
    my name is Mark. I am a television producer and I'm looking for potential candidates for a network show.
    The idea for the show is that in each episode, two devout Christian survivalists take on a Biblical survival challenge to test their faith in the hope of growing closer to God.

I'm after people who have as much survival experience as the contestants in Naked & Afraid.
    You should be a devout Christian who is willing to prove it.

To start with all I'm after is 30 min of your time to chat on the phone or by Skype.

Kind regards,
    Mark
    Testing Faith.jpg
    Last edited by TV Mark; 08-17-2015 at 10:36 AM.

Banned

Default Naked or with some minimal apparel?

When I was in the garden I ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and saw that I was naked and covered myself with fig leafs. But if your TV show at least allows me to wear an aboriginal loincloth then I will be fine with it. I grew up running threw the Amazon jungle with just a thin piece of cotton held on with a bit of string around my waist, i.e. loincloth. My mother may even have some old 35mm B&W photos of me when I was young and cute. Your really don't want me to post any wearing a loincloth now that I am old and hairy it would be disturbing. Freaks out the folks at the State Parks. LOL

So some Christians getting on each other's nerves and feeling all irritated at each other out of their regular routine and out of their comfort zone in a wilderness situation. Tell us more. I have seen some life long devoted Missionaries get into some heated debates with each other over relatively minor issues. A "reality" TV show like that could be interesting. I have never in my life gotten on anyone's nerves so might be perfect for it.... or NOT!!! LOL

Good luck with your talent search Mark.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Thanks for posting, Mark. Here's your chance, folks.

Mark.....Good luck on you search.

Can you elaborate on the Quote> "two devout Christian survivalists take on a Biblical survival challenge to test their faith in the hope of growing closer to God." < quote.....Part?

Thanks.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

This may or may not be the same question that I see someone else already beat me to...but I do want to ask for clarification about something -

What is a "biblical" survival challenge? What would be happening to test someone's faith, versus just test whether or not they can make it through some kind of primitive survival scenario for some period of time? What would the scenario be such that someone would prove that they are a devout Christian?
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails.

- William Arthur Ward

Blog Entries

Cool Well, since you asked...

I'm a devout Christian...so devout that I don't have to prove it to anybody. You're description is an oxymoron as a devout christian, a truly devout Christian, only worries about surviving eternity. The rest could be a way to hasten the end!...
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

A survival situation might put you closer to God than you intended.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingTree View Post
    This may or may not be the same question that I see someone else already beat me to...but I do want to ask for clarification about something -

What is a "biblical" survival challenge? What would be happening to test someone's faith, versus just test whether or not they can make it through some kind of primitive survival scenario for some period of time? What would the scenario be such that someone would prove that they are a devout Christian?

FYI
    Don't expect an answer or a discussion, these are just open invitations, that rarely get a second post......
    When I asked, it was strictly rhetorical.

You need to call or PM to continue correspondence.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    FYI
    Don't expect an answer or a discussion, these are just open invitations, that rarely get a second post......
    When I asked, it was strictly rhetorical.

You need to call or PM to continue correspondence.
    Oh, ok. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    A survival situation might put you closer to God than you intended.
    Heh...yea...definitely...

I quite like Liam Neeson's The Grey though. A lot. Awesome movie.
    Last edited by WalkingTree; 08-14-2015 at 09:34 PM.

- William Arthur Ward

Banned

Please don't go to far into the weeds on theology and religious beliefs or this thread will get tossed into the anything political section. Understandably religion and spirituality are very personal and most people have unique views and experiences. I have no idea but perhaps a TV show like this could explore some of these but grab people's interest with the so called "survival" fad or sub-culture that happens to have become popular in the last 10+ years. Better than Disco Fever, or Punk Rock IMO but those were fun as well... not really... lol Christian Punk Rock OH so much fun... ha ha ha

I don't like to preach at anyone but it would be a challenge to be put in a stressful situation and not swear or go off at my partner... Act more like Christ or Buda or whomever you think lived an exemplary life. Jonah was not such an pleasant prophet of God when he got stuck under a gourd vine in the wilderness. What would give out first your lack of survival/primitive living skills or your ability to be pleasant and focused like Christ in the wilderness for 40 days?

Do you think he will respond to a PM? How do we get in touch with him?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DSJohnson View Post
    Do you think he will respond to a PM? How do we get in touch with him?
    PM is the only way I know. I could not find any postings on other outdoor forums with seems strange to me. There are many so called "Christian" TV networks and channels that may be interested in such a program and also several "survival" schools and camps that have a "Christian" theme. I am not skeptical about people's individual beliefs those are personal but I am always cautious about people trying to profit off religious people and other scams. Hopefully this is not a scam.

If I have time Monday I will try to set up a Skype with Mark, tell him about my skill level and background and possibly find out more. But my wife would probably freak out if I ever did a reality TV show even one with a small audience. My teenage daughters would be horrified at the embarrassment it would bring them, I already embarrass them far to much. Just tonight we went to a social, my wife instructed me not to talk to the men there about kayaks, we talked about guns and football that is always safe in Texas. If you don't like guns and football get the heck out of TEXAS! God bless you on your journey... lol

It just hits me as odd initially. I imagine something like putting people in a tough primitive survival situation, and whoever doesn't declare that the difficulty made them stop believing wins. Like taking them to the brink of starvation, hypothermia, dehydration, and solitude...then they have to formally declare that they still have their faith.

Quote Originally Posted by TXyakr View Post
    Please don't go to far into the weeds on theology and religious beliefs...
    Definitely. Talking religion is a big ole can of worms already. Conversation on that subject gets way too prickly.

- William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by TV Mark View Post
    Hi,The idea for the show is that in each episode, two devout Christian survivalists take on a Biblical survival challenge to test their faith in the hope of growing closer to God.
    Sit through an entire episode of Man vs. Wild without taking the Lord's name in vain?

I'm after people who have as much survival experience as the contestants in Naked & Afraid.
    Should be able to just raid a Starbucks, then.

You should be a devout Christian who is willing to prove it.
    Lions' den? Shoot an atheist? What?

Click on his name and you'll have the option to email him.

Religious posts will not get tossed to the political section. They will get deleted. Religion is still not allowed for discussion.

The TV producers are encouraged to post on here. There are several that offer monetary compensation or other considerations so it's an opportunity for some to walk the talk. We have at least one member that has gone on to star in his own TV show so there are credible opportunities in their offers.

I'd like to add....

For the naysayers that don't like or believe in these sort of shows, why not just stroll by the thread and not comment. The owner of this forum encourages offers like this. To belittle or make fun of them will only discourage somebody from further investigating it.

This is simply a request. Kind of like the old adage....if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Goodness knows there are plenty of threads where your skepticism is appropriate.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I'd like to know why they are targeting Christians and not Muslims, Jews, or even atheist. Come to think of it, that old saying that goes something like "you'll never find an atheist in a foxhole" seems to be a better target group for putting people in stressful situations and religious beliefs.

Targeting? Good golly Miss Molly - not everything is a conspiracy.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Targeting? Good golly Miss Molly - not everything is a conspiracy.
    He specifically asked for Christians, what do you call it if not "targeting"? If he asked an open ended question such as "anyone with religious beliefs", that would be targeting anyone with religious beliefs. Anyone he asks to be in the show is his target subject specifically chosen for their target audience.

You make knives,

Are you going to spend hours making a butter knife and try to sell it to the bushcraft community? No.

Are you going to try and sell you bushy knives on a home cooking website? No.

You are targeting a specific group for your specific product and thats not a conspiracy, its doing business