Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Picture of ALICE and MOLLE packs wanted

Question Picture of ALICE and MOLLE packs wanted

Is anybody willing to send me a clear picture of an ALICE pack and a MOLLE pack for me to use on my website please? I'm putting together a page about backpacks so the pictures have to show the main features of each. I know there are plenty on the net, but copyright prevents me from using them.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________________

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. ~ Henry David Thoreau

www.dynanim.zone
    Self-improvement for Superheroes

Dynanim Village
    A community for dynanims on Google+

Dynanim Face
    A community for dynanims on Facebook

Dynanim Tweet
    Dynanim Twitter page

Blog Entries

Cool Well, since you asked...

Google can get you some you can cut and paste....
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

All my Alice packs have been modified. I'm not sure if you would want to use them but you can if you choose to:

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    Google can get you some you can cut and paste....
    One must be careful when using images from the net without permission. Posting on a forum is one thing, but using them on one's website might garner some legal attention. I suspect that is why he asked and let us know what they would be used for.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Cool Oops...

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    One must be careful when using images from the net without permission. Posting on a forum is one thing, but using them on one's website might garner some legal attention. I suspect that is why he asked and let us know what they would be used for.
    Shoulda thought of that... but I've been in agony the last two weeks, practically unable to walk. Been in the emergency room all day...my bad!. The good news is I don't have cancer of the testicles....
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Yeah, yeah, you could call that good news. Cancer and testicles are two words I never want to hear my doctor say in the same sentence. Of course, Ooops, is another one while performing some procedure.

Hope you get to feeling better.

Thanks Rick. I saw them in the thread about alice packs being worth it. How modified are they? It'd be good if you had a pic of the back of them too. If not, I'll use these, so thank you. I'll be acknowledging that they're your packs and that they're in this forum.

Sarge - I've gotta be careful about copyright, but thanks for the suggestion anyway. Good to hear you're okay. Avoid sitting on yer groolies. That might stop the pain. Here's a joke that might cheer you up...

A guy goes into a doctor's rooms dressed in nothing but plastic kitchen wrap. The doctor says, "Don't say a word. I can clearly see you're nuts."
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________________

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. ~ Henry David Thoreau

www.dynanim.zone

Dynanim Village

Dynanim Face

Dynanim Tweet
    Dynanim Twitter page

I added Molle shoulder straps to both packs as well as paracord braided top handles. The addition of the Molle straps required a modification to the frame.

Blog Entries

Cool RRegarding your request.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynanim View Post
    Sarge - I've gotta be careful about copyright, but thanks for the suggestion anyway.
    Hear dat! I have a Medium A.L.I.C.E pack, but it's got a Molle pack strap set up. It came that way from Ebay.

I also have an ILBE pack which is a MOLLE type. Here's some info, the A.L.I.C.E. pack comes in different sizes; which the large has more pockets on the front. The ILBE pack has optional bags that can be added to give it more room. My point being is that you might want to give mention to that on your website....
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

I went looking for those straps.....and found a Molly Day pack...$35 bucks....
    Y'all are costing me money...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Every-Day-...1d716c&veh=cse
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

deleted.....
    Last edited by sjj; 10-19-2015 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    Here's some info, the A.L.I.C.E. pack comes in different sizes; which the large has more pockets on the front. The ILBE pack has optional bags that can be added to give it more room. My point being is that you might want to give mention to that on your website....
    I'll add that to the info too. Thanks Sarge. I'll be sure to mention you as well.

www.dynanim.zone

Dynanim Village

Dynanim Face

Dynanim Tweet
    Dynanim Twitter page

Quote Originally Posted by sjj View Post
    I would include the military Alice, MOLLE II Rucksack, the ILBE, and the latest USMC FILBE packs. The ILBE and FILBE are significant in that they are both "internal" framed as opposed to "external" framed. I suspect the shoulder straps and hip belt Rick/Sarge added to their Alice packs were designed for a military MOLLE II Rucksack. There are now such a huge variety of military and civilian tactical packs utilizing MOLLE webbing that the generalized term MOLLE backpack can be a bit confusing.
    sjj, I'll be adding what I can find out about these after I put enough info in about the ALICE. And you're right. Not knowing the first thing about them is very confusing. What's the difference between a civilian ALICE and a military one?

www.dynanim.zone

Dynanim Village

Dynanim Face

Dynanim Tweet
    Dynanim Twitter page

Dynamin - I'm certainly no expert and know very little about military packs, so please do not use me as a source or reference.
    Last edited by sjj; 10-19-2015 at 12:58 AM.

Thanks sjj. I'll have a look. I want to put in good info but I don't want to get bogged down in too much detail.

www.dynanim.zone

Dynanim Village

Dynanim Face

Dynanim Tweet
    Dynanim Twitter page

Dynanim, have you bought one yet? You need to get one and try it out.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

finallyME, I haven't used a big pack for years now cos my back's not playing with me anymore. Besides, I'm not sure if they've got any here in Australia. I remember seeing some old army surplus packs that fit the description but that was over 30 years ago. Back when my back didn't complain about anything! Haven't looked at milsup stores for a while now. They're a dying breed here.

www.dynanim.zone

Dynanim Village

Dynanim Face

Dynanim Tweet
    Dynanim Twitter page

Sure. I have a MOLLE II large ruck and two medium ALICE Hellcats on DEI frames. I can send you a some pics right now from my phone of one of the Hellcats. The other ones will have to wait a few months until I get home. I probably won't get home before March.

Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    Sure. I have a MOLLE II large ruck and two medium ALICE Hellcats on DEI frames. I can send you a some pics right now from my phone of one of the Hellcats. The other ones will have to wait a few months until I get home. I probably won't get home before March.
    Thanks shipwreck. I've already posted my article but I'm pretty sure I can edit it. The clearer the detail the better (details that set them apart from other military packs). No rush, so send them at your convenience. Cheers.

www.dynanim.zone

Dynanim Village

Dynanim Face

Dynanim Tweet
    Dynanim Twitter page

try looking at bing images i think you'll like it.